Tarco 90LB-GRN Fiberglass Mineral Surfaced Roll Roofing, Solid Green,
Fiberglass Mineral Surfaced Roll Roofing is a glass fiber reinforced asphalt coated product with a ceramic granular surface to protect against UV, weathering and physical damage. It is lightly coated with a mineral release material on the bottom side.
- Color: Solid Green
- Size: 36" wide x 36' long
- Gross Coverage: 108 sq. ft.
- Versatile and easy to handle
- Durable and cost-effective
- Reinforced with glass fiber mat ensuring dimensional stability during installation
- Specially formulated asphalt gives lasting performance
- Minimal dead load weight
- Multiple options - Full coverage; 4" and 19" selvage
- Rolls lay flat and resist wrinkling for easy application
- Low-slope residential and commercial use
- Factory controlled characteristics
- Granular surfacing available in multiple colors to complement most shingle applications
- Meets ASTM D3909
- UL Approved in Class A, B, and C roofs (Type G3 BUR).
- Fiberglass Mineral Surfaced Roll Roofing is a general purpose roofing product designed for use in new roofing and re-roofing installations utilizing hot mopping asphalt, cold process adhesives or mechanical fasteners. While frequently used for residential low-slope applications such as porches and carports or as flashing material, it can also be used as a base sheet in commercial applications.
Storage and Handling:
- Fiberglass Mineral Surfaced Roll Roofing requires protection from damage and the weather.
- Constantly store rolls upright in a dry location and never more than two pallets high.
- When storing two pallets high, position a plywood sheet between pallets.
- All roofing materials must be kept clean and free of moisture prior to installation.
- Warm weather conditions are ideal for good adhesion. Application should be made when ambient temperatures are 50° F or higher.
- Deck must be free of voids, clean and dry.
- Cut membrane sheets into manageable lengths before installation.
- Apply over roof decks with inclines of not less than 2 inches per foot.
- Install in a horizontal manner, overlapping a minimum of 4" on side laps and a minimum of 6" on end laps. 19" Selvage MSR shall be overlapped for the entire 19" lap area.
- To ensure product integrity, do not use in excess of 1/8" thickness of lap cement.
- Excessive use of cement will cause blistering of this product. All cement is to be applied in then, smooth, even layers.
- Install flashings in cement before nailing in place.
- Nails should be galvanized #11 or 12, a minimum of 1" long with 3/8" heads and long enough to penetrate the deck.
What is Mineral Surface Roll Roofing?
- Mineral Surface Roll Roofing (MSR) is a reinforced sheet that has been coated with asphalt and top-surfaced with rugged colored granules that provide protection of the material from the sun's ultraviolet rays. In residential construction, it is ideal for low-slope roof applications such as roofing for porches, carports, patios and sheds.
Does the product have slope limitations?
- Yes. Most steep-slope and low-slope roofing materials are designed for use as water shedding systems. These water shedding systems are not impermeable, and they rely on slope to shed water off the roof surface. Adequate drainage of water from the roof surface is essential. A minimum slope of 2 inches per foot is required for the use of MRS.
Can I install MSR in cold process adhesives?
- Yes. Mineral Surface Roll Roofing can be cold process or hot-asphalt applied.
Does the product have a selvage edge?
- Yes. MSR is offered in three options - No selvage, 4" selvage, and 19" selvage .
What is the size and weight of the roll?
- The product is 108 square foot roll to provide 1 square, or 100 square feet of roof coverage and weighs approximately 72 pounds.