Superdeck® DB0096024-16 Solid Color Deck & Siding Stain, Midtone Base,
Superdeck® Solid Color Stain is an acrylic latex solid color coating that is fortified with a "super bonding" alkyd resin that provides priming and penetration, plus outstanding adhesion to chalky surfaces. The combination of a topcoat and primer is perfect for new projects and as a solution for recoating old applications. The tannin blocking capability offers outstanding color retention, and features the major benefits of oil and water-combined in one unique formula with easy soap and water clean up. Plus, Superdeck® Solid Color Stain is durable enough to stand up to demanding decking applications, yet has the flexibility to withstand the challenges of siding. The viscosity of Solid Color Stain has been specially formulated to offer extremely easy handling and works well with sprayers making it a contractor and DIY favorite.
- Size: 1 Gallon
- Midtone base
- 250 VOC
- Alkyd primer and latex stain in one formula, no priming needed
- Excellent hide and completely opaque coverage
- The perfect solution for chalky stucco surfaces
- Self priming can be used on raw wood or previously coated
- Specially formulated to offer extremely easy handling and works well with sprayers
- Formulated to resist growth of mildew and algae on the coating’s surface
- Made in the USA.
- Protects exterior new wood, weathered wood or previously painted or stained surfaces that have been properly prepared. These surfaces include wood siding, T1-11 siding, decks, docks, fences, trim boards, outdoor furniture and weathered vertical stucco and masonry. Not for use indoors.
- All surfaces must be clean, dry, and free from dirt, mildew stains, dust and other foreign matter. Do not apply over sealed surfaces. Remove surface stains, dirt and failed oxidized stains with Superdeck® Wood Cleaner. Remove solid stains or paints with Superdeck® Wood Stripper. For redwood and cedar, follow cleaning or stripping with Superdeck® Wood Brightener to remove tannin stains and brighten wood to its original color. For new wood remove mill glaze with Superdeck® Wood Brightener.
- Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment, such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup.
- Product should be shaken or stirred from bottom of container before and during application. When using more than one container of product, intermix all product and stir well to ensure color consistency. Test a small area first for color satisfaction.
- Do not thin.
- Brush using a nylon or polyester brush, or roll using a 1/2"–3/4" synthetic roller cover.
- If sprayed, use a .017–.021 fluid tip @ 1800–2000 psi. Back roll or brush when spraying.
Number Of Coats:
- Two (2) coats on horizontal and vertical surfaces. Apply evenly and avoid applying heavy coats. Thoroughly coat the porous ends of all boards with product.
- 50°F.–90°F. Do not apply if wood surface is hot to touch or if rain is likely to occur.
Dry Time @ 70°F.:
- 3–4 hours to recoat; 24–48 hours for foot traffic; 30 days before washing.
- New Wood: 350–400 sq. ft. per gallon;
- Weathered Wood: 250–300 sq. ft. per gallon.
- Use Anti-Skid Additive to create a slip resistant surface on decks, docks, stairs, ramps and more. Just mix Anti-Skid Additive into the final coat of stain and apply with a roller.
- Soap and water clean up. If product dries on tools use mineral spirits following product manufacturer’s directions. Dispose of empty container or unused portion in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- If surface wear occurs clean with Superdeck® Wood Cleaner and recoat if necessary.