Scotts® 18249 Turf Builder® Grass Seed Sun & Shade Mix®, 20 Lbs
Grows quicker, thicker, greener grass. Contains our exclusive WaterSmart® PLUS coating that absorbs 2X more water than uncoated seed, feeds to jumpstart growth, and protects seedlings against disease. Scotts' most versatile mix. Stays green even in extreme conditions of dense shade and scorching sun.
- 20 lbs
- Grows quicker, thicker, greener grass!
- Contains our exclusive WaterSmart® PLUS coating that absorbs 2X more water than uncoated seed, feeds to jumpstart growth, and protects seedlings against disease
- Scotts® most versatile mix
- Stays green even in extreme conditions of dense shade and scorching sun
- Aggressively spreads to repair bare and thin spots.
How to Use
- Prep - Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed
- Apply - Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass
- Water - Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall
- Care - Seed will begin to grow in 5-10 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When to Apply
- Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed, because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Avg. days to Germinate
- 5 - 30
- 20 lbs: up to 8,000 for reseeding and 4,000 for new lawn coverage