Scotts® 17508 EZ Seed® Sun & Shade Grass Seed Mix, 3.75 Lbs
High performance seed, premium continuous release lawn food, and super-absorbent growing material, makes it possible for grass to grow anywhere. Scotts® EZ Seed® now has a tackifier to reduce seed wash-away on sloped areas of your lawn.
- 3.75 lbs
- Revolutionary seeding mix that guarantees seeding success!
- Repairs bare spots in sunny and densely shaded areas. Great for repairing wear and tear!
- Unique combination of Scotts® high performance seed, premium continuous release lawn food and Scotts® super-absorbent growing material
- Growing material absorbs water and expands to surround and protect seed from drying out and dying out
- Fertilizer releases over time to ensure quick establishment and long term feeding
- If you have recently used a weed control or prevention product, please refer to the product labels to determine whether or not it is the appropriate time to plant grass seed.
How to Use
- Prep - Simply prepare the area you want to grow grass. Remove dead grass and loosen hard soil to help tiny seedlings root
- Apply - Evenly apply EZ Seed® so the area is mostly covered, but bare ground is still visible. (Use half as much for thin areas). Only apply the recommended amount so that seedlings have enough space to access water and nutrients
- Water - A deep and thorough initial watering is the key to success. Gently water the area until EZ Seed® is completely saturated and no more water is being absorbed (this may take several minutes). Continue to water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
When to Apply
- Fall and Spring are the best times to plant EZ Seed® because the seed germinates best when daytime temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Avg. days to Germinate
- 5 - 30
- 3.75 lb: 85 sq ft.