Schleich 13859 Figurine Holsteiner Gelding Toy
Holsteiners are very popular sport horses and are one of the oldest German breeds. The monks at Uetersen Monastery, located in what is now Schleswig-Holstein in northern Germany, started breeding them in the 14th century. However, the first recorded mentions of Holsteiners are much older, dating back to the year 1225.
- Scientific name: Equus ferus caballus
- Global home: Worldwide
- Conservation status: Least concern
- Hand-painted with detailed modelling and attention to detail
- Allows children to learn as they play
- Holsteiners are very popular sport horses and are one of the oldest German breeds
- Dimensions: 5" (W) x 1.34" (D) x 4.37" (H).
- Holsteiners are branded with a crowned shield containing the letter "H".