Rust-Oleum® 7990-830 American Accents® Stone Aerosol Paint, Bleached S
Bring the look and feel of natural stone to any surface with Rust-Oleum® American Accents® Stone Spray. This unique formula's textured, multi-toned finish will transform ordinary objects into beautiful stonework. Provides a unique textured finish designed for use on wood, metal, ceramic, and more.
- Size: 12 ounce
- Color: Bleached Stone
- Aerosol spray paint
- Bring the look and feel of natural stone to any surface
- Indoor use only
- Authentic finish
- Soap and water cleanup
- Wait 4 hours then apply clear topcoat for extra protection.
- Use outdoors or in a well ventilated area such as an open garage. Use when temperature is between 50-90ºF (10-32ºC) and humidity is below 65% to ensure proper drying. Do not apply to surfaces, when heated, exceed 200°F (93°C). Avoid spraying in very windy and dusty conditions. Cover surrounding area to protect from spray mist.
- Remove all dirt, grease, oil, salt and chemical contaminants by washing the surface with a commercial detergent, or other suitable cleaning method. Rinse with fresh water and allow to thoroughly dry. Remove loose paint and rust with a wire brush or sandpaper. Lightly sand glossy surfaces to create a surface profile.
- If you scrape, sand or remove old paint from any surface, you may release lead paint dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE; ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
- Use of Rust-Oleum® American Accents 7980 Aerosol Primer promotes adhesion and enhances hiding and is especially recommended for bare wood and metal. For best results, apply a base coat of a color that blends well with the stone finish.
- Shake can vigorously for one minute before spraying. Can does not contain a mixing ball. DO NOT STRIKE CAN. Shake often during use. Hold can upright 10-16” from surface and spray in a steady back-and-forth motion, slightly overlapping each stroke. The stone finish look will vary depending on the distance you spray from the surface. Do not try to achieve complete coverage in one coat. Apply one light coat first. Wait 15 minutes until the paint starts to set; then apply a second coat. If additional coats are needed, wait 15 minutes between coats. Do not use near open flame.
Dry and Recoat
- Dry and recoat times are based on 21ºC and 50% relative humidity. Allow more time at cooler temperatures. Dries to touch in 3-4 hours and to handle in 5-8 hours. For objects subject to moisture, apply American Accents Matte Clear top coat for optimum durability. Allow the final coat to dry 4 hours before applying a clear top coat.
- When finished spraying, clear spray by turning can upside down and depressing spray button for 3-5 seconds. Clean-up wet paint with soap and water and dried paint with xylene or mineral spirits. Properly discard empty container. Do not burn or place in home trash compactor.
- If the valve clogs, twist and pull off spray tip and rinse in a solvent such as mineral spirits. Do not insert any object into can valve opening.