Rust-Oleum® 284279 Peel Coat® Custom Shop Spray Paint, Matte Black, 11
Rust-Oleum® Peel Coat® is a temporary, peelable coating designed for customizing various vehicle parts such as wheels, rims, hoods and more. It provides a high build, smooth matte finish that is washable. It is suitable for use on metal, plastic and glass surfaces. Peel Coat® is a temporary coating with a service life of 6 months.
- Size: 11 ounce
- Color: Matte Black
- Paint rims, racing stripes or add other customizations to your vehicle
- Peelable rubber coating allows you to change up your look whenever you want
- Can go through automatic car wash or be hand washed
Best Practices When Applying Peel Coat®:
- Wash vehicles thoroughly and ensure you’ve removed any wax or grease from the surface.
- Make sure the surface is completely dry before applying Peel Coat®.
- Cover and mask off any areas that should not be painted with tape, plastic sheeting, etc.
- Hold the spray can 8-10” from the surface and spray slowly and steadily.
- Target 50% coverage on the first coat and apply four or more coats for complete coverage. The more coats, the easier the paint is to remove.
- Allow each coat to dry to a finish. This should take about 5-10 minutes between coats.
- Begin removing tape and other masking immediately after the last coat has been applied to keep clean edges. If you wait too long, the coating may adhere too much to the tape.
- Let Peel Coat® set for at least one hour before touching or driving the vehicle, wait at least 24 hours before washing.
- To peel the coating off, slowly rub along one edge until it begins to peel back and work slowly from the edges.
- For best results, remove Peel Coat® within 6 months.