Rust-Oleum® 260728 Universal® Metallic Spray Paint & Primer, Antique B
It's never been easier to bring an upscale, modern look to your all your projects. Rust-Oleum® Universal® Metallic Spray Paint is a paint and primer in one that provides superior coverage and durability on any surface and at any angle - with the unmatched comfort of our patented trigger technology.
- Size: 11 ounce
- Color: Antique Brass
- Metallic spray paint
- One coat coverage spray paint
- For use on interior / exterior environments
- One universal coating for diverse substrates
- Ultimate flexibility for extreme applications
- Maximum adhesion for demanding substrates
- Fast, efficient coverage
- Fade and chip resistant
- Rust preventative
- For all major surfaces wood metal plastic concrete brick and more
- Spray anyway design with comfort trigger which eliminates finger fatigue.
For Best Results:
- Apply 2 or more light coats a few minutes apart. Spray in a steady back-and-forth motion.
Universal® Metallic Sprays are versatile all-surface paints that provide a durable protective coating with excellent resistance to rust, and excellent resistance to abrasion, fading, chipping, and dulling. These sprays apply easily, provide excellent coverage and dry fast to a tough attractive finish. Universal Metallic Sprays are ideal for plastic, wood, metal, wicker, and aluminum. Universal features a comfort grip trigger that reduces fatigue caused by continuous spraying and an any-angle tip which allows you to spray at any angle. Some plastics made of polyethylene such as Little Tikes® children's products are manufactured in such a way that may hinder maximum paint adhesion. Test paint in an inconspicuous area first. Not for use on galvanized metal.
- Use outdoors or in a well ventilated area such as an open garage. Use when temperature is between 50-90ºF (10-32ºC) and humidity is below 65% to ensure proper drying. Do not use on objects that may exceed 200ºF (93ºC) surface temperature. Do not apply to galvanized steel. Avoid spraying in very windy and dusty conditions. Cover surrounding area to protect from spray mist.
- Remove all dirt, grease, oil, salt and chemical contaminants by washing the surface with a commercial detergent, or other suitable cleaning method. Rinse with fresh water and allow to thoroughly dry. Remove loose paint and rust with a wire brush or sandpaper. Previously coated surfaces must be sound and in good condition. Smooth, hard, or glossy finishes should be scarified by sanding to create a surface profile.
- Shake can vigorously for one minute after the mixing ball begins to rattle. If mixing ball fails to rattle DO NOT STRIKE CAN. Contact Rust-Oleum. Shake often during use. Prior to use, slide off the red safety clip from the trigger. Hold can upright 8-12” from surface and spray in a steady back-and-forth motion, slightly overlapping each stroke. Keep the can the same distance from the surface. Keep the can in motion while spraying. Apply two or more moderate coats at moderate speed to avoid drips and runs. Do not use near open flame.
Dry and Recoat:
- Dry and recoat times are based on 70ºF and 50% relative humidity. Allow more time at cooler temperatures. Dries to touch in 30 minutes, to handle in 1 hour, and is fully dry in 24 hours. Recoat within 1 hour or after 48 hours.
- When finished spraying, wipe off tip before storing. Clean up wet paint with xylene or mineral spirits. Properly discard empty container. Do not burn or place in home trash compactor.
- If the valve clogs, twist and pull off spray tip and rinse in a solvent such as mineral spirits. Do not insert any object into can valve opening.