Rust-Oleum® 252303 Stops Rust® Textured Metallic Spray Paint, Galaxy,
The distinctive texture of Rust-Oleum® Stops Rust® Textured Spray adds depth to your paint job with an upscale look that lasts and lasts, even in outdoor settings. Perfect for a wide range of projects, from chairs and tables to swing sets, tool chests and more. Rust-Oleum® Stops Rust® Textured Sprays are designed to provide a durable protective coating with excellent resistance to rust, and excellent resistance to abrasion, fading, chipping, and dulling. These sprays apply easily, provide excellent coverage and dry fast to a tough attractive finish. Rust-Oleum Stops Rust Textured Sprays are ideal for outdoor metal surfaces. These sprays feature a comfort tip with a wider finger pad to reduce fatigue caused by continuous spraying. Not for use on galvanized metal.
- Size: 12 ounce
- Color: Galaxy
- Textured metallic spray paint
- Durable, corrosion-resistant
- Premium high-end finish
- Adds depth to your paint job with an upscale look that lasts and lasts
- Perfect for a wide range of projects, from chairs and tables to swing sets, tool chests and more.
For Best Results
- Apply two or more light coats a few minutes apart.
- Shake can vigorously for one minute after the mixing ball begins to rattle. If mixing ball fails to rattle DO NOT STRIKE CAN. Contact Rust-Oleum. Shake often during
- use. Hold can upright 10-16" from surface and spray in a steady back-and-forth motion, slightly overlapping each stroke. Keep the can the same distance from the surface.
- Keep the can in motion while spraying. Apply two or more light coats a few minutes apart to avoid drips and runs. Do not use near open flame.
Dry and Recoat
- Dry and recoat times are based on 70°F and 50% relative humidity. Allow more time at cooler temperatures. Dries to touch in 15 minutes, dry to handle in 1-2 hours, and fully dry in 48 hours. Primers may be top coated immediately. Apply a second coat or clear coat within 1 hour or after 48 hours.
- Remove all dirt, grease, oil, salt and chemical contaminants by washing the surface with a commercial detergent, or other suitable cleaning method. Rinse with fresh water and allow to thoroughly dry. Remove loose paint and rust with a wire brush or sandpaper. Previously coated surfaces must be sound and in good condition. Smooth, hard, or glossy finishes should be scarified by sanding to create a surface profile.
- Wipe off tip before storing. Clean-up wet paint with xylene or mineral spirits. Properly discard empty container. Do not burn or place in home trash compactor.
- If the valve clogs, twist and pull off spray tip and rinse in a solvent such as mineral spirits. Do not insert any object into can valve opening.