Preen® 24-63798 Garden Weed Preventer, 13 Lbs, Covers Upto 2080 Sq.Ft.
Stop weeds before they start™. Preen Weed Preventer stops weeds from germinating in flower and vegetable gardens, in ground covers and around trees and shrubs. Preen will not kill existing weeds. It will prevent new weeds from sprouting — eliminating the need for difficult and time-consuming hand-weeding. Without weeds, your valuable plants can grow larger and stronger.
- 13 lbs
- Covers 2080 square feet
- Stops weeds before they start
- Your beds will stay neat and weed-free all season long
- Apply anytime, spring, summer or fall
- Good housekeeping seal of approval.
How to Apply:
- When plants are dry, sprinkle this product on soil surface at rate given below for your specific planting situation. Once activated by watering, it forms a weed control barrier in the top layer of soil (1 – 2 inches), preventing weed seeds from germinating. Disturbance to the soil surface after activation may result in erratic weed control.
When to Apply:
- Apply Preen Garden Weed Preventer during the growing season around established plants and transplants. Preen should not be used on flower seeds. It can be used after flowering plants have germinated and are 2 – 3 inches tall. Preen may also be incorporated into the soil when seeding vegetables or applied after mulching beds. By applying Preen as early as possible, you can eliminate the need for hand-weeding.
- Rain does not wash this product out of the soil. To keep beds weed-free all season long, reapply Preen weed preventer every 9 – 12 weeks.
What is the active ingredient in Preen® Garden Weed Preventer?
- 1.47% Trifluralin (Treflan).
What are the other ingredients in Preen® Garden Weed Preventer?
- Preen® Garden Weed Preventer also contains a carrier agent such as corn cob or attaclay.
How long does Preen® Garden Weed Preventer prevent weed seeds from germinating?
- Up to 12 weeks per application. Reapplication may be necessary sooner if heavy rain occurs.
How does Preen® Garden Weed Preventer work?
- Preen® Garden Weed Preventer creates a barrier that inhibits weed seed growth. The barrier lasts up to 12 weeks.
How close can I apply Preen® Garden Weed Preventer to a non-recommended plant?
- Apply Preen® Garden Weed Preventer at least 12″ outside the drip-line from a non-recommended plant.
Do I have to weed first before applying Preen® Garden Weed Preventer?
- Yes; Preen® Garden Weed Preventer does not kill existing weeds, so you must hand-pull existing weeds first. Note that Preen® Garden Weed Preventer will not control weeds that are tilled under.
When do I reapply Preen® Garden Weed Preventer?
- Reapply every 8 – 12 weeks in the growing season.
Can Preen® Garden Weed Preventer stain?
- Yes; Preen® Garden Weed Preventer can stain porous surfaces such as concrete, rocks, bricks, landscape blocks, shoes, leather and linoleum.
- Annual bluegrass (Poa annua), barnyardgrass (Echinochloa crus-galli), brome (Bromus spp.), carelessweed, carpetweed (Mollugo verticillata), cheat grass (Bromus tectorum), chickweed (Stellaria media), Crabgrass (Digitaria sanguinalis), fall panicum (Panicum dichotomiflorum), Florida pusley (Richardia scabra), goosefoot, goosegrass (Eleusine indica) & more.