Permatex® 80335 Muffler & Tailpipe Sealer, 3 Oz
Permatex® Muffler and Tailpipe Sealer is a specially formulated, thick, non-slumping paste type repair material. Resists temperatures to 2000 degree Fahrenheit. Makes new installations more secure.
- Size: 3 ounce, tube
- Seals holes and leaks in mufflers, tailpipes and around joints
- Makes new installations more secure
- Resists temperatures to 2000 degree Fahrenheit (1000 degree Celsius)
- Mufflers, tailpipes, joints and catalytic converters.
- Spreads easily
- Resists temperatures to 2000 degree Fahrenheit.
- Catalytic converters.
Directions For Use:
- Surfaces to be repaired should be free of dirt, grease, oil and rust.
- Wet the surface to be repaired with water.
- Apply the sealer directly over the hole.
- Allow to dry for 30 minutes, then start engine and allow to run for 10 more minutes.
- For new installations, apply sealer 1/4" thick around inside of larger pipe. Complete and seal the connection.
- Clean up with water prior to the material drying.
- Clean hands with a Permatex® Fast Orange® hand cleaner or soap and water.
Properties of Uncured Material:
- Chemical Type: Sodium silicate
- Appearance: Grey paste
- Odor: No odor
- Specific Gravity: 1.6
- Viscosity: Medium heavy paste
- Flash Point: None
Typical Curing Performance:
- Permatex® Muffler and Tailpipe Sealer cures by the evaporation of water and further cures with heat. Full cure will be affected after 24 hours of drying and driving at the maximum operating temperature.
Typical Environmental Resistance:
- Temperature Resistance
- Continuous, degree Celsius (degree Fahrenheit): 1093 (2000)
Chemical / Solvent Resistance
- The fully cured product retains effective properties when in contact with water.
- This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected for use with chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
- Products shall be ideally stored in a cool, dry location in unopened containers at a temperature between 8 to 28 degree Celsius (46 to 82 degree Fahrenheit) unless otherwise labeled. Optimal storage is at the lower half of this temperature range. To prevent contamination of unused product, do not return any material to its original container.