Permatex 80334 1000-Degree Plus Exhaust Repair Kit
Permatex® 1000° PLUS™ Exhaust Repair Kit contains a wrap-around bandage made from a specially impregnated fabric which is wet and ready to use when removed from the air sealed package. Withstands temperatures over 1000 degree Fahrenheit (540 degree Celsius). A complete kit for repairing cracks and splits in mufflers, tailpipes and exhaust pipes.
- Kit contains ready-to-use foil-packed bandage and support wire
- For repairing cracks and splits in mufflers, tailpipes and exhaust pipes
- Withstands temperatures over 1000 degree Fahrenheit (540 degree Celsius)
- Mufflers and tailpipes on automobiles, trucks, tractors and farm equipment
- Withstands temperatures to 1000 degree Fahrenheit
- Cures hard
- Long lasting, shock resistant
- No asbestos.
- Catalytic converters
- Header pipes.
Directions For Use:
- Clean off loose rust and dirt from the damaged area with sandpaper or wire brush.
- Open air-sealed barrier package. Remove wet bandage and wrap around damaged area.
- When wrapping bandage, be sure to overlap 1/2". Force bandage into small cracks. The material will mold and conform easily.
- After wrapping bandage, support it temporarily with the enclosed wire.
- Run the vehicle's motor for approximately 20 - 30 minutes. The heat from the exhaust will harden the bandage into a rock hard coating.
- Wash hands/skin immediately after use.
- Uncured material may be cleaned up with soap and water.
- Cured material must be sanded off
- Clean hands with Permatex® Fast Orange® hand cleaner.
Properties of Uncured Material:
- Chemical Type: Fabric impregnated with sodium silicate
- Appearance: Bandage
- Odor: mild
- Flash Point degree Celsius (degree Fahrenheit): Non-flammable
Typical Environmental Resistance:
- Continuous, degree Celsius (degree Fahrenheit): 538 (1000)
- This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
- Products shall be ideally stored in a cool, dry location in unopened containers at a temperature between 8 to 28 degree Celsius (46 to 82 degree Fahrenheit) unless otherwise labeled. Optimal storage is at the lower half of this temperature range. To prevent contamination of unused product, do not return any material to its original container.