Permatex® 80019 Aviation Form-A-Gasket® #3 Sealant Liquid, 4 Oz
Permatex® Aviation Form-A-Gasket® No. 3 Sealant is a dark reddish brown, viscous liquid with a characteristic alcoholic odor. It is a slow drying, liquid that changes to a pliable, tacky film through solvent evaporation. It seals close fitting parts, machined surfaces and threaded connections in industrial, aircraft, marine and automotive applications.
- Size: 4 ounce
- Slow-drying, non-hardening brush-top sealant
- Approved for use in aviation as well as automotive applications
- Temperature range -65 degree Fahrenheit to 400 degree Fahrenheit (-54 degree Celsius to 204 degree Celsius); resists gasoline, oil and grease
- Close-fitting machined surfaces, sealing hoses, solid gaskets.
- For close tolerance flanges
- Slow drying
- Flexible setting
- Solid gasket dressing
- Close fitting machined surfaces
- Threaded connections
- Aviation engines
- Marine engines
Directions For Use:
- Remove all previous material from mating surfaces. Permatex® Gasket Remover is recommended for most materials, not for plastics or painted surfaces.
- For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a residue-free solvent, such as Permatex® Brake and Parts Cleaner.
- Remove cap and coat with brush-top applicator.
- When used as a gasket dressing, spread product with a spatula to a uniform film on one side of gasket and then position it on the assembly. Coat the second side of gasket and re-assemble. Slower drying formula increases work time.
- Assembly is operational after 4 hours, full cure is effective after 24 hours.
- The product can be removed from metal surfaces with isopropyl alcohol. If the sealant has been dried for a long time or at high temperatures, cover the sealant with alcohol and allow to soften overnight.
- Clean hands with Permatex® brand hand cleaners.
Properties Of Uncured Material:
- Chemical Type: Modified resin, fillers & alcohol
- Appearance: Dark brown liquid
- Odor: Alcoholic
- Specific Gravity: 1.1
- Viscosity: Viscous liquid
- Flash Point, TCC, degree Fahrenheit: 60
Typical Curing Performance:
- Permatex® Aviation Form-A-Gasket® No. 3 Sealant once applied, develops into a pliable, tacky seal by solvent evaporation. Dry times will vary with temperature, humidity and gap.
Typical Environmental Resistance:
- Continuous, degree Celsius (degree Fahrenheit): -54 to 204 (-65 to 400)
Chemical / Solvent Resistance:
- The product retains effective properties in contact with water, ethylene glycol, non-ethanol containing gasoline, motor oil, transmission fluid, and sea water.
- This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
- Products shall be ideally stored in a cool, dry location in unopened containers at a temperature between 8 to 28 degree Celsius (46 to 82 degree Fahrenheit) unless otherwise labeled. Optimal storage is at the lower half of this temperature range. To prevent contamination of unused product, do not return any material to its original container.