Permatex® 80016 Form-A-Gasket® #2 Sealant, 3 Oz
Permatex® Form-A-Gasket® No. 2 Sealant is a black, viscous paste with a characteristic alcoholic odor. It is a slow drying, flexible setting paste that changes to a pliable, non-hardening film through solvent evaporation. It seals flanges, fittings, connections and flexible assemblies against leakage. It increases the reliability of gasket seals.
- Size: 3 ounce, tube
- Slow-drying, non-hardening brush-top sealant
- Approved for use in aviation as well as automotive applications
- Temperature range -65 degree Fahrenheit to 400 degree Fahrenheit (-54 degree Celsius to 204 degree Celsius); resists gasoline, oil and grease
- Valve cover gaskets, oil pan gaskets.
- Improves reliability
- Extends gasket life
- Stops leakage
- Excellent for metal to metal assemblies
- Slow drying
- Flexible setting.
- Valve cover gaskets
- Oil pan gaskets
- Threaded connections
- Cover plates
- Hose connections.
Directions For Use:
- Remove all previous material from mating surfaces. Permatex® Gasket Remover is recommended for most materials, not for plastics or painted surfaces.
- For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a residue-free solvent, such as Permatex® Brake and Parts Cleaner.
- Remove cap, puncture tube or cartridge seal and attach extension nozzle (if provided).
- When used as a gasket dressing, spread product with a spatula to a uniform film on one side of gasket and then position it on the assembly. Coat the second side of gasket and re-assemble. Slower drying formula increases work time.
- Assembly is operational after 4 hours, full cure is affected after 24 hours.
- The product can be removed from metal surfaces with isopropyl alcohol. If the sealant has been dried for a long time or at high temperatures, cover the sealant with alcohol and allow to soften overnight.
- Clean hands with Permatex® brand hand cleaners.
Properties Of Uncured Material:
- Chemical Type: Modified resin, fillers and alcohol
- Appearance: Black paste
- Odor: Alcoholic
- Specific Gravity: 1.5
- Viscosity: Viscous paste
Typical Curing Performance:
- Permatex® Form-A-Gasket® No. 2 Sealant once applied, develops a hard, semi-flexible sealant by solvent evaporation. Dry times will vary with temperature, humidity and gap.
Typical Environmental Resistance:
- Continuous, degree Celsius (degree Fahrenheit): -54 to 204 (-65 to 400)
Chemical / Solvent Resistance:
- The product retains effective properties in contact with water, ethylene glycol, non-ethanol containing gasoline, motor oil, transmission fluid, and sea water.
- This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.