Permatex® 80007 Form-A-Gasket® #1 Sealant, 1.5 Oz
Permatex® Form-A-Gasket® No. 1 Sealant is a reddish brown, viscous paste with a characteristic alcoholic odor. It is a fast drying paste that changes to a hard, semi flexible seal through solvent evaporation. It seals flanges, fittings, connections and assembles against leakage. Improves gasket seal in permanent and rigid assemblies.
- Size: 1.5 ounce, tube
- Seals cut gaskets and fills uneven surfaces
- Hardening formula
- Fast-drying, hard-setting sealant
- Designed for sealing rigid materials and flanges, or patching holes and joints where permanent assembly is desired
- Temperature range -65 degree Fahrenheit to 400 degree Fahrenheit (-54 degree Celsius to 204 degree Celsius); resists common shop fluids and fuels
- Freeze plugs, threaded connections, manifold gaskets.
- Extends gasket life
- Prevents leaks
- Fast drying
- Hard setting.
- Freeze plugs
- Automotive and industrial sealant for permanent assemblies
- Threaded connections
- Manifold gaskets
- Air ducts
- Pipe fittings
- Plumbing connections
Directions For Use:
- Remove all previous material from mating surfaces. Permatex® Gasket Remover is recommended for most materials, not for plastics or painted surfaces.
- For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a residue-free solvent, such as Permatex® Brake and Parts Cleaner.
- Remove cap, puncture tube or cartridge seal and attach extension nozzle (if provided).
- When used as a gasket dressing, spread product with a spatula to a uniform film on one side of gasket and then position it on the assembly. Coat the second side of gasket and re-assemble.
- Assembly is operational after 2 hours, full cure is effective after 24 hours.
- The product can be removed from metal surfaces with isopropyl alcohol. If the sealant has been dried for a long time or at high temperatures, cover the sealant with alcohol and allow to soften overnight.
- Clean hands with Permatex® brand hand cleaners.
Properties Of Uncured Material:
- Chemical Type: Modified resin, fillers and alcohol
- Appearance: Red - brown paste
- Odor: Alcohol
- Specific Gravity: 1.5
- Viscosity: Viscous paste