Permatex® 27100 High Strength Threadlocker RED, 6 ml
Permatex® High Strength Threadlocker RED is a high strength anaerobic threadlocking material that cures between engaged threads to form a unitized assembly that resists virtually all leakage, shock and vibration. The product is a single component, anaerobic liquid which cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. Ideal for all 3/8" to 1" diameter nut and bolt assemblies where future disassembly is improbable. Excellent chemical resistance with a temperature resistance range of -54 degree Celsius to 150 degree Celsius (-65 degree Fahrenheit to 300 degree Fahrenheit).
- Size: 6 ml
- OEM specified
- High strength
- For heavy-duty applications 3/8" to 1" (10 mm to 25 mm)
- Especially well-suited for permanently locking studs and press fits
- Adds 3,000 PSI holding power on slip and press fit assemblies
- Replaces set screws and snap rings
- Locks against vibration loosening
- May require heat or special tools for removal
- Conforms to ASTM D5363 AN0221 (Mil-S- 46163A, Type I, Grade K)
- Cylinder block and rocker arm studs, ring gear bolts, frame bolts, shock absorber bolts.
- All engine mounting bolts.
- Cylinder block studs, ring gear bolts, frame bolts, shock bolts.
- Air starter fasteners, suspension fasteners, shock absorber mounts, wheel studs, exhaust system mounts, bumper fasteners.
- Improved Reliability
- Eliminates vibration issues
- Seals against leakage
- Prevents rusting of threads
- Cures without cracking or shrinking.
- No mixing
- No curing outside of joint
- No torque compensation required during assembly.
Prevents loosening and leakage of threaded fasteners. Particularly suitable for applications such as:
- Cylinder block
- Rocker arm studs
- Ring gear bolts
- Fan hub bolts
- Frame bolts
- Shock absorber bolts.
Directions For Use:
- Clean all threads (Bolt and Hole) with a cleaning solvent such as Permatex® Brake and Parts Cleaner and allow to dry.
- Determine if the threads to be bonded are Active or Inactive Metals. If material is an Inactive Metal, spray all threads with Permatex® Surface Prep (24163) and allow 30 seconds to dry. Priming is not required if the material is an Active Metal. If unknown, it is always best to use the primer.
- Shake the product thoroughly before use.
- For Thru Holes, apply several drops of product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area.
- For Blind Holes, apply several drops down female threads into the bottom of the hole. As threads are engaged, compressed air forces the product upwards into the threads.
- Assemble and tighten as usual. When tightening to established torque values, torque compensation is not required.
- Residual liquid films and/or fillets outside the joint are readily soluble in Permatex® Brake and Parts Cleaner.
- Cured product can be removed with a combination of soaking in Permatex® Gasket Remover and mechanical abrasion such as a wire brush.
- Apply localized heat to nut or bolt to approximately 260 degree Celsius (500 degree Fahrenheit). Disassemble while hot.
- Remove loose product from nut and bolt.
- Apply primer to all threads, regardless of metal type.
- Assemble and tighten as usual.
Properties of Uncured Material:
- Chemical Type: Anaerobic Dimethacrylate Ester
- Appearance: Opaque Red Fluorescent Liquid
- Specific Gravity, g/ml: 1.10
- Viscosity @ 25 degree Celsius, mPas (cP): 400 to 600
- Flash Point (TCC), degree Celsius (degree Fahrenheit): >93 (>200)