Oregon® R28 Micro-Lite™ 90SG Replacement Saw Chain, 28 Drive Links, 6"
Oregon® Micro-Lite™ 90SG Replacement Cutting Chain is made for small saws and features a chamfer-chisel cutter design that outcuts competitive chains. 90SG cuts a narrow kerf, requiring less power from the saw than standard chains to make the same cut. Micro-Lite™ 90SG is a low-vibration/low-kickback chain which meets both the ANSI (U.S.) and CSA (Canadian) low-kickback requirements. This chain is ideal for homeowners or consumer users, and is equally well suited for commercial cutters such as arborists and orchardists. Micro-Lite™ 90SG is designed for use on electric saws with bars up to 16" (41 cm), and on small gasoline-powered saws up to 2.5 cubic inches (41cc) with bars up to 14" (35 cm). 90SG is compatible with all existing 91-type drive sprockets, and its narrow .043" gauge requires the use of a Micro-Lite™ bar. 90SG chain is part of a Micro-Lite™ narrow-kerf cutting system that requires less power from the saw to cut than standard cutting systems.
- Size: 6"
- Pitch: 3/8"
- Gauge: 1.1 mm (.043")
- Drive Links: 28
- Cutter Sequence: Standard
- Cutter Type: Chamfer chisel
- Kickback-Reducing Features: Ramped depth gauges and bumper tie straps
- Low-kickback chain
- Low-vibration chamfer-chisel cutters have an angular shape with twin cutting corners for excellent performance and edge-holding durability
- Narrow .043" gauge helps reduce the weight of the bar-chain combination approximately 15%
- Always install 90SG chains on a .043" gauge Micro-Lite™ bar (MLE part numbers) to obtain all the advantages of the Micro-Lite™ system. 90SG chain does not fit .050" gauge bars intended for 91-series chains
- Top-plate witness mark makes accurate sharpening easier
- LubriLink™ tie straps help keep oil where it's needed - on the chain
- Vibe-Ban™ chassis design reduces vibration 25% or more at the chainsaw's handles
- LubriWell™ oil holes help carry oil around the full length of the guide bar's groove.
- Micro-Lite™ is the name for our "narrow-kerf" chain-and-bar cutting systems. Cutting a narrower kerf allows your saw to cut faster and more efficiently. Use a Micro-Lite™ chain in team with a Micro-Lite™ bar for maximum results.
- Vibe-Ban™ is the name for our family of "low-vibration" chains, designed and built with features that will reduce the risk of vibration-related injury.
LubriLink™ and Lubriwell™
- A tie-strap reservoir and a drive-link hole, respectively. These simple features help keep oil where it's needed and improve the lubrication of your bar and chain for better performance and longer life.
Chamfer-chisel cutter shape
- Outstanding performance, fast and efficient cutting
- Excellent stay-sharp
- Smooth feel during use, smooth cut surfaces
- Reduces the tendency of saws to "skate"
Vibe-Ban™ low-vibration design
- Reduces the risk of vibration-related injury
Narrow Micro-Lite™ kerf (.221")
- Less power is required to make the same length of cut
- Helps the saw cut faster
Narrow 1.1mm (.043") gauge and weight reducing slots in the guard tie straps
- Less power is required to drive the chain
- Lighter weight, helps minimize user fatigue*
*Micro-Lite™ bar-and-chain combinations are approximately 15% lighter than standard combinations
Lubrilink™ tie straps and Lubriwell™
- Improved chain and bar lubrication, helps keep oil drive links where it's needed, reduces volume of oil required
Tall cutter shape, fits 4.5 mm round file
- Makes sharpening easier
Bumper tie straps and ramped depth gauges
- Low kickback, meets ANSI and CSA standards
Aft position of top plates
- Stabilizes the cutter for faster smoother cutting
Forward-pointing spear stamped on the cutters and tie straps
- Identifies 90SG as a low-vibration chain
- Indicates the proper chain-cutting direction
Witness marks on each cutter's top plate
- Makes it easier to hold the file at the correct angle during sharpening
Drive links are now coined from a heavier-gauge steel than our previous 90SG and spin it into loops
- Makes it easy to break 90SG chain from reels
- Helps reduce stretch.