Minwax® 61360 PolyShades® Stain & Polyurethane Satin Finish, Tudor, 1 Qt
Minwax® PolyShades® enhances wood grain by combining beautiful rich stain color and long-lasting polyurethane protection in one easy step. Can also be used over polyurethane finishes, so you can change the color of your finished wood, without removing the existing finish.
- Size: 1 Qt
- Color: Tudor
- Stain & polyurethane in 1 step
- Long lasting protection
- Enhances wood grain by combining beautiful rich stain color and long-lasting polyurethane protection in one easy step
- Can also be used over polyurethane finishes, so you can change the color of your finished wood, without removing the existing finish.
- Sheens: Satin
- Application Tool: High-quality natural bristle brush
- Location: Interior wood surfaces
- Recoat: After 6 hours
- Dry Time: 6 hours
- Cleanup: Mineral spirits
- Coverage: 120-150 sq. ft. per quart
- Coats: 2 coats are recommended. To deepen the color, apply a third coat.
- Furniture, woodwork, doors, cabinets, accessories.
What is the advantage of PolyShades®?
- PolyShades® combines stain for rich beautiful color with polyurethane for tough protection in one product. It is an ideal choice for those who want to save the time involved in staining with one product and protecting with another.
Should Minwax® Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner be used as a pretreatment prior to PolyShades®?
- Yes, if the wood being stained is soft or porous. Soft or porous woods, such as pine or aspen, tend to absorb stain unevenly. Before using PolyShades® on soft or porous woods, Minwax® Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner should be applied to ensure even stain penetration.
Can PolyShades® be applied over an existing finish?
- Yes, as long as the previous finish is not lacquer or shellac. Be sure to test the selected color on a hidden spot to see how it will look over the original finish. To prepare the surface, make sure that the finish is clean and has had all wax and polish removed. Then lightly sand with #180 or #220 sandpaper. The surface is then ready to be coated with PolyShades®.
For stripped, unstained or raw wood:
- Before starting, surface must be dry, clean and free of dirt, grease and glue
- Sand the wood in the direction of the grain using fine-grade sandpaper (#220) until smooth
- Remove all sanding dust.
For Previously Stained Wood That Is Not Being Stripped:
- Before starting, surface must be dry, clean and free of dirt, grease and glue.
- Lightly sand the wood to ensure adhesion. Remove all sanding dust.
- Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.