Minwax® 260704444 Gel Stain for Wood/Veneer/Fiberglass, 1/2 Pt, Cherry
Minwax® Gel Stain is specifically designed to give you full control over the staining process and help you achieve beautiful results. Its unique non-drip formula makes application easy for vertical surfaces. Delivers uniform color evenly on wood and non-wood surfaces, such as metal, veneer, and fiberglass.
- Size: 1/2 Pt
- Color: Cherrywood
- Rich uniform color
- Ideal for vertical surfaces
- Its unique non-drip formula makes application easy for vertical surfaces.
- Delivers uniform color evenly on wood and non-wood surfaces, such as metal, veneer, and fiberglass.
- Application Tool: brush, cloth or foam applicator
- Location: interior or exterior* surfaces
* must be top-coated with an exterior clear protective finish
- Recoat: 8-10 hours
- Dry Time: 24 hours
- Cleanup: mineral spirits
- Coverage: 200 sq. ft. per quart
- Coats: 1 coat. To darken the color, apply a second coat after 8-10 hours.
- Woodwork, furniture, doors, molding, trim, cabinets, accessories.
What makes Minwax® Gel Stain different from traditional stains such as Minwax® Wood Finish™
- Its name says it all. Minwax® Gel Stain has a gelled consistency. The non-drip formula makes it an ideal choice for vertical surfaces. Because it is thick-bodied, it stays more toward the surface of the wood, allowing greater color control during application. In addition, Gel Stain can be applied to non-wood surfaces, including metal, veneer and fiberglass, to give them a beautiful wood appearance.
Does Minwax® Gel Stain need to be topcoated?
- For added beauty and protection, we recommend topcoating all interior projects with a clear protective finish such as Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane or Minwax® Water Based Oil-Modified Polyurethane. For exterior applications, use Minwax® Helmsman® Spar Urethane.
What's the best way to apply Minwax® Gel Stain to a fiberglass door?
- Fiberglass is non-porous and won't absorb the stain the way a wood surface does. So, it's best to apply Gel Stain with a bristle brush. Excess stain should be evened out with the brush - not wiped away with a rag. See application instructions above.
Should Minwax® Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner be used with Gel Stain?
- Yes. Some woods, such as pine and maple, tend to absorb stains unevenly. Before using Gel Stain, Minwax® Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner should be applied to ensure even stain penetration.
- Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.