Minwax® 230254444 Water Based Oil Modified Polyurethane, 1/2 Pt, Clear
Minwax® Water Based Oil-Modified Polyurethane combines superior durability and the warm look of traditional polyurethane with the convenience of a water-based finish. Lower in odor than traditional solvent-based polyurethanes. Protects and adds beauty to interior wood surfaces including woodwork, furniture, doors, cabinets and floors.
- Size: 1/2 Pt
- Superior durability
- Lower in odor than traditional solvent-based polyurethanes
- Protects and adds beauty to interior wood surfaces including woodwork, furniture, doors, cabinets and floors
- Dries quickly
- Cleans up easily with warm water.
- Sheens: Satin
- Application Tool: Synthetic bristle brush, foam brush, or lambswool applicator
- Location: Interior wood surfaces
- Recoat: After 2 hours
- Dry Time: 24 hours before light use
- Cleanup: Warm water
- Coverage: 125 square feet per quart
- Coats: 3
- VOC Content: Maximum VOC of 275 g/L
- Recommended Uses: Woodwork, furniture, doors, cabinets, floors.
For Project Application:
- Surface must be dry and free of old finishes in poor condition, paint, wax, grease, polish, dirt or other foreign matter
- Sand to obtain a smooth, uniform surface. Do not use steel wool. Remove all sanding dust. Thoroughly wipe clean with a damp cloth. Allow to dry completely
- If desired, apply Minwax® Wood Finish™ or Minwax® Gel Stain to unfinished wood surfaces. Follow directions for application instructions and dry times. Wait 8 hours after staining, before applying Oil-Modified Polyurethane
- Stir Oil-Modified Polyurethane before and during use to eliminate settling on the bottom of the can. Stir to rotate the product from the bottom to the top of the can. NEVER SHAKE
- Apply a THIN coat of Oil-Modified Polyurethane using a high quality synthetic bristle or foam brush
- Let dry 2 hours. Then lightly sand entire surface with fine sandpaper (220 grit) to ensure an even finish and proper adhesion. Remove all dust
- Apply a second coat. Oil-Modified Polyurethane requires a third coat; repeat step 6 before application
- After final coat, allow 24 hours before light use.
Where can I use Water Based Oil-Modified Polyurethane?
- Water Based Oil-Modified Polyurethane is ideal for use on all interior bare or stained wood surfaces including furniture, cabinets, doors and floors. It can be applied over oil-based stains like Minwax® Wood Finish™ or Minwax® Gel Stain. It also can be applied over Minwax® Water Based Wood Stain wood tones, provided the stain has dried completely
Can I apply Water Based Oil-Modified Polyurethane over Fast-Drying Polyurethane or vice versa?
- Yes. The two products can be applied over each other as long as the first has fully cured. Follow the directions for the product you are using. Be sure to apply each coat with only one product. Do not finish part of a surface with one topcoat and part with the other as this could result in a uneven appearance across the surface of the wood.
- Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.