Minwax® 131020000 Water Based Ultimate Topcoat Floor Finish, 1 Gallon,
Minwax® Ultimate Floor Finish is a technologically advanced, durable topcoat for floors that provides exceptional levels of floor durability in a crystal clear finish. Crosslinking technology provides exceptional floor durability in a crystal clear finish. Ideal over light colored woods and stains. No sanding between coats.
- 1 gallon
- Self-crosslinking technology provides a tough floor finish that is great for any hardwood floor
- Recoat in only two hours - complete your floor finishing project in just one day
- No sanding between coats
- Ideal over light colored woods and stains
- Does not amber over time - especially good for use over light colored woods and stains
- Cleans up with soap and warm water.
- Sheens: Semi-gloss
- Application Tool: Synthetic pad applicator
- Location: Interior wood floors
- Recoat: After 2 hours
- Dry Time: 24 hours for light foot traffic; 72 hours to replace furniture
- Cleanup: Soap and warm water
- Coverage: 500 sq. ft. per gallon
- Coats: 2-3
- VOC Content: Maximum VOC of 275 g/L
- Recommended Uses: All hardwood floors, ideal over light colored woods and stains.
What is Minwax® Ultimate Floor Finish?
- Minwax® Ultimate Floor Finish is a revolutionary new way to finish and refinish hardwood floors. Self-crosslinking technology and advanced chemistry provide exceptional, floor levels of durability in a non-ambering, crystal clear finish. Minwax Ultimate Floor Finish is great for any hardwood floor, and its crystal clear properties make it ideal for use over light colored woods such as maple, and over light colored stains such as Classic Gray and Weathered Oak.
What are the advantages of using Minwax® Ultimate Floor Finish?
- Minwax® Ultimate Floor Finish is different from other floor polyurethanes in that it provides floor levels of durability in a crystal clear finish that is lower in odor than traditional, solvent-based polyurethanes. It cleans up easily with soap and warm water, and is fast drying - it can be recoated in only two hours. It does not require sanding between coats, and is easy to apply.
Should Minwax® Ultimate Floor Finish be sanded between coats?
- So long as less than 24 hours have passed since the previous coat, no sanding is required between coats. However, if Ultimate Floor Finish has been allowed to dry for 24 hours or more, a light sanding between coats is required. While sanding between coats is not necessary, Ultimate Floor Finish can be sanded between coats for maximum smoothness. Allow the finish to dry two hours before sanding.
Can Minwax® Ultimate Floor Finish be used over Minwax® stains?
- Yes, Minwax® Ultimate Floor Finish has been formulated to work within the Minwax® system. When staining floors, we recommend Minwax® Wood Finish™ Stain.
- Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.