Loctite® 209728 Threadlocker Blue 242® Nut & Bolt Locker, 6 ml
Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242® is designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require normal disassembly with standard hand tools. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. It protects threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration.
- 6 ml
- Cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces
- Protects threads
- Prevents rusting of threads
- Medium strength
- Can be removed with hand tools
- Locks threads
- Prevents loosening of metal fasteners caused by vibrations.
- Use on metal fasteners 1/4' (6 mm) to 3/4' (19 mm) in diameter such as bolts on small engines, swing sets and furniture
Not Recommended For:
- Use on plastic parts, particularly thermoplastic materials where stress cracking of the plastic could result
- Use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Protect work area. Parts to be sealed must be clean and dry. Shake the product thoroughly before use. (Note: To prevent the product from clogging in the nozzle, avoid touching the bottle tip to the metal surface.)
For Thru Holes:
- Apply several drops of the product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area.
For Blind Holes:
- Apply several drops of the product down the internal threads to the bottom of the hole.
For Sealing Applications:
- Apply a 360Â° bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting, leaving the first thread free. Force the material into the threads to thoroughly fill the voids. For bigger threads and voids, adjust product amount accordingly and apply a 360Ã‚Â° bead of product on the female threads also.
- Assemble parts and tighten as required. Sets in approximately 10 minutes and fully cures in 24 hours.
- Clean adhesive residue immediately with a damp cloth. Cured product can be removed with a combination of soaking in methylene chloride and mechanical abrasion such as a wire brush.
- For disassembly, shear with standard hand tools and remove with methylene chloride. In rare instances where hand tools do not work because of excessive engagement length, apply localized heat to nut or bolt to approximately 482°F (250°C). Disassemble while hot.
- Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242 is particularly suited for applications on less active substrates such as stainless steel and plated surfaces, where disassembly is required for servicing.