Loctite® 1602142 PL® 400 Heavy Duty Subfloor Adhesive, 28 Oz
Loctite® PL® 400 Subfloor All Weather features superior bonding capabilities for heavy duty subfloor construction. Specifically formulated for extreme temperatures performance. It guns easily in temperatures as low as 18°F and as high as 120°F. PL 400 Subfloor All Weather bonds to dry, wet, or frozen lumber. The Low VOC formulation meets stringent State and Federal VOC regulations.
- 28 Oz
- Weather resistant, great for indoor or outdoor projects
- Guns easily from 18°F to 120°F
- Bonds to dry, wet, or frozen lumber
- Gap filling
- Unaffected by wood contraction & expansion
- Eliminates nail pops & squeaks
- Waterproof & weatherproof
- Low VOC content
- Exceeds all requirements of american plywood association AFG-01, ASTM C 557-73, ASTM 3498 & Fhaum60.
- All types of wood to wood assemblies, concrete, masonry and metal.
- Interior (unoccupied) or exterior construction.
- Glued floor projects involving subfloor, tongue-and-groove flooring, glued floor systems, and standard wood deck construction.
Not Recommended For:
- Tub surrounds
- Test adhesion to treated wood before using in application. Treatments vary widely and can adversely impact performance
- Permanent water immersion
- Expanded or extruded polystyrene foam
- Outdoors if rain is expected within 24 hours or if extended freezing temperatures are expected.
- Wear gloves. Wash hands after use.
- The temperature of the adhesive, surfaces and the working area must be between 18°F (-8°C) and 120°F (49°C). For smooth, fast, easy application during cold weather, store adhesive at room temperature (70° ± 5°F) 24 hours prior to use. Ensure surfaces to be bonded are clean, structurally sound and free of standing water, snow, ice, dust, grease, oil or other contaminants. To increase adhesion, sand glossy surfaces to a dull finish. Pre-fit all materials prior to applying product. Cut off tip of cartridge at 45° angle to desired bead size. The recommended bead size is 3/8'' (9.5 mm). Puncture seal inside of nozzle.
General Construction Use:
- Precut and fit materials before applying adhesive. Apply adhesive to one of the surfaces to be bonded. Use enough adhesive to ensure proper contact between surfaces. Do not smear beads. Press materials firmly together within 60 minutes of adhesive application. If work is delayed, remove excess adhesive and begin again. Materials can be repositioned for up to 30 minutes after joining. After use, wipe off nozzle top and recap immediately. Allow minimum 48 hours for curing and before additional coverings are placed over adhered surfaces.
Sub-Floor and Decking:
- Apply continuous beads (1/4'' to 3/8'') of adhesive to all floor joists. For tongue and groove panels, apply 1/4'' beads to groove avoiding excess ''squeeze out.'' Position panels allowing 1/8' gap for expansion at butt joints and nail within 60 minutes of adhesive application. Use proper nailing method as designated by APA Adhesive Nail-On Schedule.
- Clean tools and uncured adhesive residue immediately with warm water and soap. Cured adhesive may be carefully cut away with a sharp-edged tool.