Loctite® 1405602 Gel Syringe 2-Part Epoxy Gel, 0.85 Oz
Loctite® Epoxy Gel is a two-part adhesive consisting of an epoxy resin and a hardener, available in a convenient dual syringe. When mixed in equal volumes, the resin and hardener react to produce a tough, rigid, high strength bond in 6 minutes. The gel formulation is ideal for vertical surfaces where dripping may occur.
- 0.85 Oz
- Color when dry: Translucent yellow
- Gel consistency
- No dripping; Ideal for vertical surfaces
- High impact resistance
- Won’t crack when drilled
- Can be tinted
- Matches surrounding materials
- Water resistant
- Can be used outdoors
- Does not shrink
- One-time application
- Convenient double syringe
- Dispenses equal amounts of each component every time
- Sets in 6 minutes
- Quick completion of project
- Well-ventilated area, gloves.
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from oil, wax and paint. Roughen smooth surfaces for better adhesion. Pre-fit all parts to be joined. Turn nozzle end up and pull plunger back slightly allowing air bubbles to rise to top. Remove the plug from between the piston. Cut off the end tips of the syringe. Depress the double piston to dispense equal parts of the two materials on a discardable surface. Mix resin and hardener thoroughly. Wipe syringe tips clean, retract piston slightly and close with the plug. Ensure that the plug is always placed in the same orientation on the tips.
- Apply a small amount to both surfaces, join and press together. Remove any excess glue immediately with acetone. Support until bond sets in about 6 minutes at room temperature. Cooler temperatures will lengthen set and cure time.
- Clean excess glue immediately with mineral spirits or acetone. Cured adhesive may be cut away with caution using a sharp blade. Prolonged immersion in paint stripper will soften the cured adhesive to aid removal.
- Can be combined with fiberglass cloth for a durable patch
- Bonding metal, glass, ceramic, wood, many rigid plastics, china, tile, fiberglass, concrete and stone
Not Recommended For:
- Polyethylene, polypropylene, Nylon™, Teflon™ or flexible materials
- Continuously wet areas or water immersion
- Applications above 120°F (49°C).
- It can be used as an adhesive for a wide range of materials or as a versatile filler for gap bonding, surface repairs and laminating. Loctite Epoxy Gel does not shrink and is resistant to water and most common solvents. It can be tinted with earth pigments, cement or sand for color matching. It can be sanded and drilled.