Loctite® 1390595 PL Premium® Polyurethane Construction Adhesive, 10 Oz
Loctite® PL® Premium® Polyurethane Construction Adhesive is a one component, polyurethane based, moisture-curing adhesive. It is VOC compliant and contains no chlorinated solvents or water. Loctite® PL® Premium® provides superior adhesion to most common construction materials. It can be used for interior or exterior projects and is 3X as strong as ordinary construction adhesives. It is also waterproof, paintable and cures even in cold temperatures. Ideal for sub floor installations.
- 10 Oz
- Color when dry: Tan
- Low VOC content
- Meets stringent state & federal regulatory requirements
- Great for interior or exterior applications
- Meets and exceeds APA AFG-01 specs
- Can be applied directly to dry, wet or frozen lumber
- Low odor
- No strong solvent odor; Great for interior use
- Strong and versatile
- Permanently bonds together almost any substrate
- High strength
- Stronger than many substrates it joins together; Up to 3 times the strength of ordinary adhesives
- Broad Service Temperature
- Suitable for use in hot and cold environments.
- Wear gloves. Cured adhesive on bare skin will not come off immediately with washing and will cause skin to darken. Cured adhesive and discoloration will come off in about 3 days.
- Use above 40°F (4°C). Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of frost, grease, dust and other contaminants. Pre-fit all materials and protect finished surfaces. If using cartridge format, cut nozzle at a 45° angle to desired bead size and puncture inner seal. Be very careful not to allow Loctite® PL® Premium to cure on a finished surface.
- Apply adhesive to one surface of the material being bonded. Press the surfaces firmly together. Materials may be repositioned within 45 minutes after applying the adhesive. If bonding two non-porous surfaces (such as foam, metal and fiberglass), add water in the form of a very light or atomized spray from a plant mister bottle to the extruded adhesive. The repositioning time will then be reduced to less than 30 minutes. Use mechanical support for 24 hours while the adhesive cures.
- Clean tools and uncured adhesive residue immediately with mineral spirits in a well-ventilated area to the outdoors. Remove cured adhesive by carefully scraping with a sharp-edged tool.
- Bonding most common construction materials such as wood, treated wood, hardwood flooring, concrete, stone, marble, slate, masonry, brick, foam insulation of all sorts, carpets, metal, lead, cement-based products, ceramic, fiberglass, drywall and mirrors.
Not Recommended For:
- Polystyrene, polyethylene or polypropylene
- Plastic Tub Surrounds
- Certain materials such as rubbers and plastics may have bonding difficulties; test before use
- Water submersion applications.