Kilz® Odorless 10444 Fast Drying Primer, Sealer & Stainblocker Aerosol
KILZ Odorless® Aerosol is a fast-drying stainblocking primer for use on most interior surfaces. Its ultra low odor formula significantly reduces the lingering odors normally associated with oil-based products, making it ideal to use in areas where higher odor levels are prohibitive. Any slight odor detected during the application of KILZ Odorless primer will dissipate soon after drying. Use on properly prepared interior surfaces, such as brick, painted metal, properly prepared glossy surfaces†, drywall, paneling, wallpaper, masonry, plaster and wood.
- 13 Oz
- White interior premium sealer primer stain blocker
- Non yellowing, reduces lingering odors
- For use in areas where higher odor levels are prohibitive
- Dries fast, ready to re-coat in 1 hour with latex or oil based paint
- Use on masonry, brick, drywall, plaster, woodwork, painted metal, paneling, glossy surfaces, blocks stains including tannin, ink, pencil, grease & smoke stains
(The following steps are required for product performance).
- The surface must be clean, free of dust, grease, wax, peeling paint, mold, mildew and wallpaper paste. If washing is necessary, use a non-soapy detergent or a TSP substitute. Rinse well and allow to dry.
- Peeling or Checked Paint: Scrape off loose paint and sand to a smooth surface. Sanding or removal of paint containing lead is hazardous.†
- Glossy Surfaces: For maximum adhesion, scuff sand the surface thoroughly before priming.†
- Eye protection is recommended.
- For best results, use when substrate and air temperatures are between 35°F (2°C) and 90°F (32°C).
- Cover adjacent areas to protect from overspray.
- Shake can vigorously for 1 minute after mixing ball begins to rattle and often during use.
- Hold can upright, moving from side-to-side while spraying lightly and evenly about 12” from area being painted.
- Two to three thin coats produce best results.
- Topcoat with latex or oil-based paint after 1 hour.
- Finishing: Topcoat within 30 days to prevent contamination of the primer before painting.
- NOTE: On some surfaces, spot priming may cause a non-uniform appearance in the final coat. To avoid this, prime the entire surface.
Dry Time at 77°F (25°C), 50% RH:
- To Touch: 15 - 30 Minutes
- To Recoat / Topcoat: 1 Hour
- Longer dry time may be required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
Clean up & Disposal:
- Clear spray valve immediately after use by turning can upside down and spraying until only clear gas is released.
- If spray nozzle becomes clogged, remove and clean. Do not stick pins or wire into can opening.
- Replace nozzle with valve opening pointed away from you.
- Clean fresh overspray with mineral spirits or paint thinner. Remove dried paint with paint remover, but test small area first to ensure paint remover does not damage substrate.
- Please consider donating any unused product.
- For recycling or disposal information, contact your local household refuse collection service.