Kilz 2® 20002 White Water-Based Primer and Sealer 1 qt.
KILZ 2® is a fast drying, water-base, multi-purpose primer-sealer-stainblocker that can be topcoated with oil-base paint. It has a very mild odor, which makes it an excellent choice for interior and exterior applications. Use on properly prepared interior and exterior surfaces, such as brick, painted metal, properly prepared glossy surfaces†, drywall, paneling, stucco, masonry, plaster and wood.
- 1 quart
- Fast dry water based white pigmented primer sealer/stain killer
- Very low odor, may be used on interior or exterior surfaces
- Holds back most stains
- Can be re-coated quickly & allows for easy clean up with warm soapy water
- The surface must be clean, free of dust, grease, wax, peeling paint and wallpaper paste. If washing is necessary use a non-soapy detergent or a TSP substitute. Rinse well and allow to dry.
- For maximum adhesion, scrape off loose paint and scuff sand the surface thoroughly before priming. On glossy surfaces: scuff sand the surface thoroughly before priming.
- Unpainted, exterior wood exposed to sun and/or moisture longer than 2-4 weeks must be cleaned and sanded before priming.
- Wash the area with a mildew remover, rinse with water and allow to dry before priming.
- KILZ 2 may be used on clean, dry, aged masonry surfaces. New masonry must be allowed to cure (dry) at least 30 days before applying KILZ 2.
- It is critical to clean smoke damaged surfaces thoroughly before priming. Primary Recommendation: KILZ ORIGINAL or KILZ ODORLESS.
- Eye protection is recommended.
- A small amount of water may be added for spray applications, but do not thin for stainblocking applications.
- Stir thoroughly before and occasionally during use.
- Apply using a brush, roller or sprayer.
- Only apply if surface, air and product temperatures are between 50°-90°F.
- Prime the entire surface to ensure a uniform appearance of the topcoat.
- After priming, test for stain bleed-through by applying the topcoat to a small section. If the stain bleeds through the topcoat, apply a second coat of primer and test again before topcoating the entire area. If bleeding continues, a longer dry time is needed before topcoating.
- Tinting is not recommended for stainblocking applications. KILZ 2 may be tinted with up to 2 ounces of universal colorant per gallon for non-stainblocking projects. Tinting to a lighter shade than the topcoat is recommended.
- Coverage is up to 300 square feet per gallon on porous surfaces; up to 400 square feet per gallon on smooth, nonporous surfaces.
Dry Time at 77°F (25°C), 50% RH:
- Dries to the touch in 30 minutes.
- Can be recoated or topcoated in one hour with oil-based paint.
- Application at lower temperatures, in high humidity or in poorly ventilated areas will affect dry time.
Clean up & Disposal:
- Clean equipment and paint spatters with warm, soapy water.
- Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused product in accordance with all current federal, state and local regulations.