Howard RF7016 Restor-A-Finish® Wood Finish Restorer, Dark Oak, 16 Oz
Will not remove existing finish. With a simple wipe on, wipe-off process, most finished wood surfaces that seem to need a complete refinishing job can be restored in a matter of minutes. Restore-A-Finish penetrates faded lacquer, shellac or varnish finishes to bring back the original color, while it blends out white heat rings and water marks. Sun fade, oxidation, smoke damage and most other blemishes can be quickly blended away. Follow up with Howard Feed-N-Wax or Citrus-Shield Paste wax tp help maintain the newly restored finish.
- Size: 16 oz
- Finish: Dark Oak
- Restores original color to faded wood finishes
- Blends out scratches and blemishes
- Removes white heat rings
- Made in the USA.
Restore It - Don't Strip It:
- With a simple wipe-on, wipe-off process, most finished wood surfaces that seem to need a refinishing job can be completely restored in a few minutes. White heat rings and water marks, sun fade, oxidation, smoke damage, and most other blemishes can be quickly eliminated. Before you go to the extreme of stripping it, try restoring it!Restor-A-Finish is available in nine colors: Neutral, Maple-Pine, Golden Oak, Cherry, Walnut, Mahogany, Dark Walnut, Dark Oak, and Ebony Brown.
Treat Scratches, Nicks, and Abrasions:
- Restor-A-Finish works best when applied with a small pad of toweling, or for severe white rings and crazing, with Super Fine(0000) steel wool. DO NOT pour directly on the finish. When using steel wool, always rub with the grain of the wood. First, determine the pressure you should use on an inconspicuous spot, as the hardness of finishes vary.
Revive Wood Finishes:
- Wipe on the appropriate color of Restor-A-Finish with a clean cloth. Let it stand for a few minutes then wipe dry. If you desire a slightly darker shade, simply apply a darker color of Restor-A-Finish.
White Heat Rings and Water Marks:
- Apply Restor-A-Finish (see above) with steel wool and rub hard enough with the grain of the wood to blend out the white effect. If high gloss finish should appear dull due to the use of steel wool, polish it out with a Howard Polishing Compound or Burnishing Cream.
Raised and Blistered Finishes:
- Apply Neutral Restor-A-Finish (to prevent darkening of wood beyond temporary "wet effect") with steel wool. As blisters soften press down while the Restor-A-Finish is applied. Wipe dry, and again later if the surface "blooms" with excess Restor-A-Finish.
Restore Minor Crazed or Checked Finishes:
- Apply Restor-A-Finish with Fine Grade(000) steel wool. Rub hard enough to smooth out the finish, periodically checking your progress. Checked or crazed surfaces may absorb an excess of Restor-A-Finish and "bloom out" requiring another wiping later.
Treat Carved Wood:
- Restor-A-Finish has saved many hours of labor by restoring the finish on carved portions of furniture and clocks. Simply apply Restor-A-Finish with a small paint brush or soft tooth brush and wipe off.