GRK 14235 Rugged Structural Screw with Climatek Coating, 5/16" x 6", 2
GRK Rugged Structural Screw is made of specially hardened steel to provide you with high tensile, torque and shear strength. The sharp threads and points bite instantly into the material (including hardwood), reducing the splitting effect due to smaller shanks. RSS screw which is 3-1/8" and longer have CEE thread that enlarges the screw hole for the non-threaded portion of the fastener, allowing the wood to settle easily and increasing the screw’s drawing strength. The CEE thread also reduces the friction on the screw shank which can result in lowering the driving torque and the likelihood of splitting the wood. This is why the RSS screw is an efficient lag screw alternative.
- 20 count
- Size: 5/16" x 6"
- Recessed Star Drive zero stripping, with 6 points of contact
- CEE Thread for a clean finished look
- W-Cut: Low torque, smoother drive
- ZIP-TIP: No pre-drilling faster penetration
- Washer Head for immense holding power
- Cutting Pockets provide a clean hole and reduces splitting, and bore with precision
- ESR-3201 Approved for structural application
- Case Hardened Steel for high tensile, torque and shear strength
- Climatek Coated AC257 approved for use in treated lumber
- For interior/exterior use in carrying beams, ledger boards, stair rails, deck posts, playground equipment and other professional applications.
- Screw size: 5/16"
- Length under head: 6"
- Thread type: CEE
- Finish: Climatek coating
- Drive size: T-25.