Formby's® 30035 Wood Formula Paint & Poly Remover, 32 Oz
Formby's® Paint & Poly Remover is specially developed to lift multiple layers of paint and polyurethane from wood furniture without stripping away the wood's natural patina. Unlike many harsh all-purpose products or "safe" strippers, Formby's®Paint & Poly Remover will not bleach wood's natural color or raise the grain.
- 32 oz.
- Specially formulated for use on wood products
- The heavy-bodied formula holds the chemicals to the finish longer to give more complete removal action
- For best results, lay a thick coat of Paint & Poly Remover on the surface, brushing in only one direction. Do not brush back & forth.
- Allow Paint & Poly Remover to remain on surface at least 15 - 20 minutes. Let the product work for you!
- Use a plastic scraper rather than metal to prevent damaging the wood's surface.
- Always use chemically resistant rubber gloves such as Formby's® Refinishing Gloves and protective eyewear.
- Work in a shaded, well-ventilated area with temperature ideally between 65º and 85º F.
- Place a protective drop cloth on the floor of the work area.
- Plan on using a disposable bristle paintbrush.
Directions: Always read the product label before use
WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
- APPLY - Shake can well. Turn cap slowly to release pressure. Pour into a metal container. Dip brush into about 2 inches and apply a thick coat to the surface. BRUSH ONLY IN ONE DIRECTION - DO NOT STROKE BRUSH BACK AND FORTH. Leave a thick layer of Paint & Poly Remover on furniture.
- LIFT IT OFF - Leave Paint & Poly Remover on the surface for at least 15-20 minutes or until the old finish becomes crinkled or soft. For best results DO NOT RUSH THIS STEP - let the Remover work for you. Carefully slide a flat plastic scraper under the paint or polyurethane, taking caution not to gouge the wood. If stubborn spots still remain, reapply to those areas.
- WASH - While the surface is still damp, use Formby's® Paint & Poly Remover Wash to clean away the remaining paint, polyurethane and Remover residue, which can otherwise keep stains and finishes from adhering to the wood. Soak ½ of a Formby's® Steel Wool Refinishing Pad or Formby's® Remover Pad with Wash. Rub in a back and forth motion with the grain of the wood, washing the surface thoroughly. Wipe dry with a clean cloth.