Espoma® LL30 Organic® Lightning Lime™ Ultra Fast Lime, 30 Lbs
Espoma Organic Lightning Lime is no ordinary limestone. A 30 lbs bag of Lightning Lime covers up to 5,000 square feet. That's because our lime is treated with a natural humic acid that helps the soil and plants convert calcium into an immediately available form. And Lightning Lime can work in just 6 to 8 weeks instead of the up to 14 months other lime products require. Lightning Lime is also less dusty than traditional lime products and is approved for organic gardening.
- Size: 30 lbs
- All natural fast acting lime approved for organic gardening
- Helps grow greener lawns
- Equals 5 bag of regular lime
- Pelletized for easy application
- Adjusts pH fast (just 6-8 weeks)
- Dust free formula
- Approved for organic gardening
- 30 lb. bag covers up to 5,000 sq. ft.
- Enhanced with a proprietary combination of organic humic & fulvic acids that helps convert calcium into an immediately available form.
How To Use
- Apply to a dry lawn with a drop or broadcast spreader making sure to overlap slightly to avoid striping. Follow settings on the bag or contact the spreader manufacturer for best setting. Water after application to activate.
- Maintain soil pH: Apply 6 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft.
- Raise soil pH: Apply 12 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft.
- For new seedlings, over-seeding an established lawn or new sod installation apply at the 12 lb. rate.
Shrubs & Trees
- Shrubs: Apply 1 cup per 2 feet of plant diameter
- Trees: Apply 5 cups per inch of trunk diameter. Spread evenly around base of plant out to the drip line and water to activate Lightning Lime.
- Apply 30 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. before or after planting and water to activate product.
- When planting apply 1 cup per plant to soil surface and spread evenly in a 1 foot diameter circle around plant. For established plants apply 1 cup for each 2 ft. of height. Spread evenly under plant out to the drip line. Do not apply near water, storm drains, or drainage ditches. Do not apply if heavy rain is expected. Apply this product to your lawn and sweep any product that lands on the driveway, sidewalk, or street back onto your lawn.
Note: This product is not intended as a fertilizer substitute.
When To Use
- Best used when turf is actively growing - Spring, Summer & Fall Apply anytime the ground is not frozen. For vegetables incorporate into soil at planting time or side / top dress when plants are actively growing. Can be applied the same day as fertilizer or seed.
Where To Use
- For use on established turf or when installing a new lawn from seed or sod. You can also use Lightning Lime on flowers, vegetables, trees & shrubs.
- Ultra fast acting for quick greening, pelletized for easy application, safe around kids and pets.