Easy Heat® AHB112A Electric Water Pipe Freeze Protection Heating Cable
Count on the AHB series for water pipe heating cable that's ready to use out-of-the-box. An integral energy-saving thermostat controls the AHB cable to automatically protect water pipes when the temperature dips into the critical range. There's no easier, more effective "do it yourself" solution for safeguarding water pipes in cold climates. Each AHB cable consists of a tough XLPE inner insulation, a continuous ground braid and weather resistant PVC outer jacket. AHB units are activated and de-activated by an integral energy-saving thermostat. Each cable is UL Listed to Canadian Safety Standards and CSA Certified when used in accordance with instructions on water-filled metal or plastic pipes.
- Size: 12'
- Heats to 7W per foot, total: 84W
- 120 Volt, 0.70 Amp
- For use with plastic or metal pipe
- Surface mounted snap action thermostat activates heat only when needed
- XLPE inner insulation and continuous ground braid
- Weather resistant PVC outer jacket
- Applications: Residential metal or plastic water supply pipes vulnerable to freezing
- UL Listed to Canadian Safety Standards and CSA Certified when used in accordance with instructions on water-filled metal or plastic pipes.
How To Install System
To choose the right length of pipe freeze protection cable, cable should be long enough to run along bottom of horizontal pipes and weather side of vertical pipes (including valves) without crossing or spiraling. Never use a cable longer than the pipe it is intended to protect.
- Cable will be applied straight along pipe, and will protect pipes up to 1-1/2" in diameter.
- For pipe lengths other than standard heating cable sizes, and over 1/4" in diameter, use two heating cables in parallel on opposite sides of the pipe (see illustration). Maximum "overrun" should not exceed 3 feet. Do not install on pipe shorter than 3 feet long.
- Wrap the entire pipe and cable with insulation. Complete the installation with the weatherproof wrap and the caution signs. For plastic pipe, we recommend wrapping pipe in aluminum foil before installing cable for better heat distribution.
Stop Pipe Freeze-up
Easy Heat®, the leader in residential pipe freeze protection, presents the AHB Series pipe heating system. Preassembled and ready-to-install, the cable prevents pipes from freezing, keeping water flowing to -40 degrees. Using an energysaving thermostat, AHB cables operate on 120 Volts AC and are suitable for use on water-filled plastic and metal pipes.
This system can be installed with the confidence that it will operate for years without requiring service. All components are made of the highest quality materials and are tested during critical points in the manufacturing process.
- For metal and plastic water pipes
- With energy-saving thermostat
- Keeps water flowing down to -40 degrees Fahrenheit (-40 degrees Celsius)
- Pre-assembled, ready to install
- With power indicator light
- With energy-saving thermostat.
The AHB Series system is easy to install, engineered in 3-foot increments (up to 18 feet) to accommodate many pipe lengths with diameters up to 1-1/2". Simply run the cable straight along the pipe and valves according to the included instructions, affix with our premium application tape and insulation, then plug into a ground fault protected electrical outlet. When it comes to pipe freeze protection, stay with the leader Easy Heat®.
- The AHB system includes a power indicator light in the plug for assurance that the system has power.
- Energy efficient built-in thermostat provides the right amount of energy only when needed.
Simple To Install
This system requires no special wiring or assembly. Simply run cable straight along pipe and valves according to instructions in package, affix with premium application tape, insulate, and plug into a ground fault protected electrical outlet.
- For better heat distribution on plastic pipe, we recommend wrapping the pipe in aluminum foil prior to installation.
- Cable is applied to pipe in a straight line. It is never spiralled or overlapped.
- The temperature sensor is placed in direct contact with pipe.
- The cable is secured to the pipe with application tape (Easy Heat® item HCA).
- For pipes over 19mm (3/4") diameter: If a standard heating cable size can't fit the length of pipe, use two heating cables in parallel on opposite sides. Maximum "overrun" must not exceed 0.9m (3ft.).
- The entire pipe and cable is wrapped with pipe insulation. Weatherproof wrap and caution signs are applied to complete the installation (Easy Heat® item CS).
- The cable is plugged into a ground fault-protected 120 Vac electrical outlet.
- Do not spiral cable around pipe or cross cable over itself. Do not use one run of cable for two different pipe runs. Failure to comply may result in overheating and fire.