Dap® 18854 High Heat Mortar Silicate Cement, 10 Oz
A non-combustible silicate cement for applications in wood-frame construction where and ASTM E 136 sealant is required. Can also be used for patching and sealing around fireplaces and wood-burning stoves. Withstands temperatures up to 2000 degrees F. Sets rock hard when fired. Easy water clean-up.
- Size: 10.1 Ounce
- Color: Black
- Withstands temperatures up to 2000° F
- For patching fireplaces and sealing wood-burning stoves
- For applications in wood frame construction where an ASTM E136 non-combustible sealant is required
- Interior use only
- Easy water clean-up
- ASTM E136 rated.
- Use to tuck point between firebricks and to repair broken firebricks.
- Use to seal interior openings around vents, pipes, ducts, chimneys and fireplaces at ceiling and floor level in non-rated wood frame, one and two family dwellings where a non-combustible filler compound is specified.
- Installation of firestop, fireblock and/or draftstop construction requires adherence to specific building codes interpreted at the local level. Consult your local building inspector prior to the application of an ASTM E136 product
- for these purposes.
- Remove unwanted mortar from surface immediately with a wet cloth. Dried mortar must be chipped away.