Dap® 00040 SmartBond™ Landscape Construction Adhesive Foaming Gel, 12
SmartBond™ Landscape Construction Adhesive Foaming Gel for exterior applications. Ideal for use on landscape blocks, brick, natural or synthetic stone & treated wood. Includes convenient dispenser applicator trigger, tapered spray nozzle & safety tab to re-seal nozzle for reuse up to 30 days. Provides 8 times the coverage of cartridge adhesives. Applies as a foam & transforms into a high strength. Fast curing gel, excellent adhesion & gap bridging with a 8 minute open time.
- Size: 12 ounce
- Color: Gray
- Excellent adhension and gap bridging
- 8X more coverage than standard cartridge adhesives
- 8 minute open time
- One can of SMARTBOND™ Landscape Adhesive equals the coverage of eight 10 oz. cartridges of adhesive
- 25% faster to apply – less gunning, less change out, less fatigue
- Unique foam collapses to form a high-strength adhesive gel
- Polyurethane formula provides strong, durable a nd permanent bond to a wide range of building materials
- Reusable for up to 30 days
- Bridges gaps and voids
- Exceeds ASTM C557 Specification
- Connect the safety pin to the nozzle and the product remains reusable for up to 30 days
- Offers increased ease-of-use and speed for laying blockwork in retaining walls, garden walls and water feature perimeters.
- Coverage: One 12 oz. can yields approximately 240 lin. ft. @ 1/2" bead
- For Use On: Landscape blocks, brick, natural and synthetic stone, wood, concrete, treated wood and other hardscape materials.
DAP® SMARTBOND™ Landscape Construction Adhesive is a dynamic polyurethane adhesive foaming gel that is faster and easier to use than traditional cartridge adhesives. Jobs become more efficient as a single can of SMARTBOND™ provides 8X the coverage of cartridge adhesives, meaning you can do more with less. The unique technology applies as a foam and transforms by collapsing into a high-strength, fast-curing adhesive gel. Provides increased ease-of-use and speed in laying blockwork. Excellent adhesion and gap bridging with an 8 minute open time. Use for the permanent, structural installation of retaining walls, garden walls and water feature perimeters. Safe for fish. Interior/exterior use. For use in all 50 states.
- Landscape blocks & brick
- Natural & synthetic stone
- Wood & treated wood
- Hardscape materials
Surface Preparation & Application:
SAFETY FIRST! PRODUCT IS EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE WHEN DISPENSING. Before using, read & understand all health & safety information/product use instructions found below.
- Surface must be clean, dry and free of dirt, dust and other contamination.
- Always wear safety glasses, gloves and protective clothing during use.
- Pre-cut and fit materials before applying adhesive.
- Leave the cap on the can.
- Shake the can well before using and intermittently during use of the product.
- Detach the tapered nozzle from the safety tab and screw it in clockwise on the connector that is on top of the trigger.
- Remove and retain the safety tab that is attached under the trigger to seal the nozzle end for storage and reuse.
- Invert the can and gently pull the trigger to release the adhesive foam.
- Apply a continuous bead of adhesive foam to the substrate, with the nozzle slightly above work surface. Product works best on horizontal surfaces. Not for overhead use. Clamping or bracing may be needed.
- Within 8 minutes, position and press substrates firmly into place.
Storage & Reuse:
- Partially used cans can be reused for up to 30 days. To save unused product for future use, connect the safety tab into the tapered nozzle tip.
- Store can in an upright position.
- Reuse by grasping straw, removing safety tab and following application instructions above.
For Best Results:
- Test trigger pull tension on scrap material
- To speed cure in low humidity, lightly mist joists with water before application.
- Product spreads and slightly expands. Whenever possible, keep bead 1” away from edge of decorative edge of blocks.
- Not for continuous water submersion.
- If using on concrete, allow concrete to cure fully (at least 28 days).
- Store above 60°F. Product will gun slowly when cold.
Clean-up of Tools & Substrates:
Wipe off excess uncured adhesive with a paper towel or rag. Use DAP® SMARTBOND™ Cleaner for Applicator Gun & Construction Adhesive or acetone to dissolve and remove uncured construction adhesive from surfaces. Cured adhesive must be mechanically removed. Test surfaces to ensure surface is compatible with Cleaner before cleaning. Uncured adhesive may be cleaned up with DAP® SMARTBOND™ Cleaner for Applicator Gun & Construction Adhesive or acetone. Cured adhesive cannot be removed with solvents. DO NOT use acetone or other solvents to remove product from skin. SKIN CONTACT: Wipe excess uncured adhesive off with a paper towel or rag immediately. Wash off remaining uncured adhesive immediately with soap and water. Remaining uncured residue may be removed with petroleum jelly or baby oil. For cured adhesive, first soak in warm soapy water and then apply petroleum jelly. Cured adhesive will wear off in time.
Typical Physical & Chemical Characteristics:
- Vehicle: Polyurethane
- Volatile: Organic Solvent
- Flash Point: -143°F
- Weight/Gallon: 8.26 lbs.
- Odor: Mild
- Color: Gray
- Consistency: Aerosol
- Bridging: Up to 1/8” gap
- Shear Strength Masonry: 900 – 1100 psi
- Wood: 500 – 800 psi
- Application Temperature Range: 23°F to 105°F
- Optimum Can Temperature: 50°F to 86°F
- Service Temperature Range: -40°F to 195°F
- Open Time: 8 Minutes (1/2” bead)
- Full Cure: 24 Hours
- Reusability: Up to 30 days when stored as directed
- Interior/Exterior Use: Yes
- Freeze/Thaw Stability: Yes
- Coverage: 12 oz. can yields approximately 240 linear feet at 1/2" bead
- Shelf Life: 12 months
Danger! Extremely flammable. Vapors may cause flash fire. Contents under Pressure. Irritant. Vapor harmful. May cause irritation to skin, eyes and lung. May cause sensitization by inhalation or skin contact. INDIVIDUALS WITH LUNG OR BREATHING PROBLEMS SUCH AS ASTHMA OR PRIOR REACTION TO ISOCYANATES MUST NOT BE EXPOSED TO VAPOR. May affect the brain or nervous system causing dizziness, headache or nausea. NOTICE: Reports have associated repeated and prolonged occupational overexposure to solvents with permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling vapors may be harmful or fatal. Harmful if swallowed. Use only with adequate ventilation. Do not breathe vapor. Ensure fresh air entry during application and curing by opening all windows and doors and using fans or other means of ventilation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Wear protective clothing, protective gloves and eye protection. Vapor may ignite explosively. Keep away from heat, sparks and flame. Do not smoke. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights. Turn off stoves, heaters, electrical motors, and other sources of ignition during use and until vapor is gone. Do not puncture, strike or incinerate can. Exposure to heat or prolonged exposure to sun may cause bursting. Do not expose to heat or store at temperature above 120°F. Cured foam is combustible and may present a fire hazard if exposed to flame or temperatures above 240°F. See product label and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for safety information.