Cole's® SA05 Safflower Bird Food, 5 Lb
Cole's® Safflower is a special seed that strongly attracts cardinals, nuthatches, titmice & chickadees. Safflower is not eaten by most squirrels or blackbirds. This white seed is adored by birds and not eaten by most squirrels or blackbirds, which is even better. It is a possible squirrel deterrent giving you savings. No need for a separate anti-squirrel feeder, this will do the trick.
- Size: 5 lbs
- Strongly attracts cardinals, nuthatches, titmice & chickadees
- Not eaten by most squirrels or blackbirds
- Safflower is a lifesaver for those of you having trouble with squirrels
- So if you're tired of feeding more squirrels than birds, safflower is definitely for you.
- Crude Protein (min.): 10%
- Crude Fat (min.): 15%
- Crude Fiber (max.): 25%
- Moisture (max.): 25%
Safflower is one of humanity's oldest crops. Chemical analysis of ancient Egyptian textiles dated to the Twelfth dynasty identified dyes made from safflower, and garlands made from safflowers were found in the tomb of the pharaoh Tutankhamun. Safflower was also known as carthamine in the nineteenth century.