Black Jack® 6453-9-30 Drive-Maxx™ 700 Advanced Gel Filler & Sealer, 4.
Black Jack® Drive-Maxx™ 700 is a better quality rubberized blacktop filler and sealer designed for asphalt pavements. Armed with sand particles to fill in small cracks, Drive-Maxx™ 700 renews the look of old, worn driveways. Drive-Maxx™ 700 is enhanced with latex to improve performance and durability and includes Gel Technology for faster and easier installation.
- Size: 4.75 Gallon
- Gel is fast & E-Z to apply
- No-stir gel formula
- Lasting protection, renews blacktop surfaces
- Latex enhanced for longer life
- Two thin coats recommended, wait 3 - 6 hours to apply second coat, apply perpendicular to the first coat
- Approximate coverage for driveways in average condition: 350 sqft/5 gallon pail.
- Newly paved asphalt surfaces must be allowed to cure for a minimum of six months or a full summer’s season prior to application of any sealer. Driveways must be cleaned with Driveway Kleen™, spray on cleaner & degreaser before sealcoating. For oil stains, apply Driveway Kleen™ liberally and scrub into surface to penetrate oil spots. This step promotes proper bonding and will help prevent adhesion failures. Repair cracks and holes with Black Jack® Speed-Fill Elastic Crack Filler for longest lasting results. For cracks and holes larger than 1" use Black Jack® Speed-Patch. For larger potholes use Ready Road Repair Permanent Pot Hole Patch (allow 6 weeks to cure). All repaired areas must be allowed to cure, see product instructions for curing times.
- Turn all pails upside down the night before, or at least prior to sealcoating. Temperatures must be 65°F and rising, but below 90°F during application. Clean driveway with Drive Kleen and thoroughly rinse. Remove puddles and then apply sealer to a slightly damp surface (not wet). A small amount of water separation in the pail is normal, and should be easily mixed in. Pour out 1/3 of the container and spread product across the blacktop surface with a squeegee. Squeegee must be used to spread product and for proper application rates. After application with squeegee, a follow up with a brush may be used if a textured surface is desired. Complete the entire driveway in one continuous application to prevent “color shading”. If multiple pails are used, it is best to match batch codes and blend the end of one pail into the beginning of the other to maintain consistent coloring and texture. Do not over apply as this may lead to tracking. Do not apply if rain or cold temperatures are expected within 36 hours. This sealer is not recommended or warranted for use on surfaces containing slopes of greater than 20°.
- Coverage rates vary depending upon the condition of the existing surface. A brush and/or squeegee works best, allowing the sealer to penetrate the driveway surface. Working in a small area at a time apply thin coat, brushing away any excess as you seal. Use a cross pattern of application to insure all voids are filled and sealed. Driveway must cure approx. 2-4 hours for foot traffic and 24-48 hours for vehicle traffic. Humid or cloudy conditions may prolong curing time. Two thin coats are strongly recommended. Thick coats will result in uneven coverage, tracking and drying problems. Apply second coat perpendicular to the first, after the first coat has cured (approx. 3-6 hours). When possible, match batch codes on lids when using multiple containers. Approximate Coverage Rate for 5 gallon pail: 350 sq/ft on smooth driveways, 300 sq/ft. on rough/worn driveways.
- While wet, clean tools with warm water and soap. If dry, scrub with citrus based cleaner.