Black Jack 5527-1-20 Roof-Gard 700 White Elastomeric Roof Coating, 3.6
This White Elastomeric Coating is a quality, highly flexible, white acrylic latex roof coating. This high performance product resists cracking and peeling, while offering tremendous durability and long term life. It expands and contracts up to 250% with the roof's movement to resist damage. The coating provides an excellent, highly protective barrier which reflects the sun's heat and destructive UV rays. In turn, this helps to cool surfaces and leads to a reduction of interior temperatures.
- Size: 3.6 qt
- Reflects heat gain and can reduce roof temperatures
- Resists cracking and peeling, while offering tremendous durability and long term life
- It expands and contracts up to 250% with the roof's movement to resist damage
- The coating provides an excellent, highly protective barrier which reflects the sun's heat and destructive UV rays
- In turn, this helps to cool surfaces and leads to a reduction of interior temperatures.
- Seal roofs for longer life.
- Pressure washing entire surface is recommended for best results (use only a wide fan spray tip). All surfaces must be dry and free of dust, dirt, oil, loose granules, gravel or peeling paint and all other foreign matter. Roofs must have proper drainage and not hold “ponding water”. Rusty metal must be cleaned with a wire brush and primed with a metal primer/sealer before application of this product. Repair all leaks and cracks with Black Jack® Elastomeric White Roof Patch and reinforcing fabric in accordance with product label. Surfaces previously coated with aluminum, asphalt or tar should be allowed to cure for a minimum of one summer season prior to coating with this product. Surfaces with mildew growth or stains must be cleaned with a bleach solution (2 parts water to one part bleach). Be certain all surfaces are thoroughly rinsed and dry prior to applying coating. Do Not Thin.
- For exterior use only. Surface and air temps must be a minimum of 50°F for 24 hours. DO NOT apply if heavy dew or rain is expected within 24-48 hours. Apply on clear, sunny day in morning hours with a 3/4” nap exterior paint roller. First, make repairs, then apply an initial coat over all seams and joints. Allow to cure for one hour or until dry, then apply two (2) uniform coats over entire surface, avoiding excessive rolling. Two full coats are needed for all applications. Apply second coat perpendicular to first coat. Allow at least 24 hours between coats and 24-48 hours for full curing. DO NOT apply to flat surfaces, poor drainage areas, or where ponding water will exist. Professional Spraying Instructions: This product can be sprayed by a professional grade airless sprayer. For more specific information see our website.
- Approximately 50-75 sq. ft. per gal. per coat. Total coverage for two (2) coat application is 25-35 sq. ft. per gallon.
- NOTE: If roof becomes hot (over 100°F) during application, it is recommended to delay the project until the next morning when surface is cooler. Over time, if the roof surfaces become dirty during exposure to the elements, the coating can be cleaned with a mild water and bleach solution. Excess scrubbing should be avoided.
- If tinting is desired, a typical addition of 3-4 ounces per gallon of universal colorant can be added, which will result in light pastel colors. Note: Color tinting will disclaim warranty.
- While wet, use soap and water. If dried, clean tools with citrus cleaner, kerosene or mineral spirits.