Artscape® 01-0106 Wisteria Design Window Film, 24" x 36"
Visual Effect of Stained and Textured Glass. Wisteria Window Film is an inexpensive alternative to stained glass. Translucent but not transparent textured glass design that is visible from both sides of the window, offering both a stylish appearance and an element of privacy. Can be easily removed with no adhesive residue after years of installation. Easily trimmed to fit, self static adhering, no adhesives, applies in minutes, and leaves no residue behind upon removal. It provides protection from UV rays and is not affected by steam, humidity, heat or cold.
- Design: Wisteria
- Size: 24" x 36"
- Creates privacy
- No adhesives/applies easily
- Provides UV protection
- Pattern repeats to cover any size window.
- Artscape® Window Films are non adhesive and easy to apply and remove. They can be trimmed or combined to fit any size window and the images have a repeating pattern left to right and top to bottom and can be used either vertically or horizontally.
You Will Need:
- Window Cleaner
- Measuring Tape
- Sharp Utility Knife
- Straight Edge
- Spray Bottle
- Liquid Soap
- Paper Towels
- Measure Window / Trim Film. It is recommended that a 1/16" margin exist between the film and the window frame. Trim image on paper backing or on window using a straight edge and sharp utility knife. For odd shaped windows make a paper pattern then trace and cut.
- Clean Glass. Thoroughly remove any dirt or debris from the window. Artscape® film will adhere to a clean smooth glass surface. The product will not adhere to frosted or textured glass.
- Wet Glass. Add a couple of drops of liquid soap to a spray bottle with cold water and wet window. Applying generous amounts of the water/soap mixture will make the installation process easier. Protect surrounding areas with a drop cloth or towel. Do not allow paper backing to come in contact with moisture.
- Remove Backing. Peel film from the paper backing starting in the corner. Protect the film from lint and debris. If film comes in contact with itself, carefully separate. Keep paper backing dry.
- Install Film. Place the side that was facing paper backing (Non-textured side) onto the wet glass and position.
- Squeegee. Starting from the center, use a squeegee or other smooth edge (credit card) to press out air bubbles. For added ease, wet front of image. Place a towel at the base of windowsill to catch excess water. Squeegee repeatedly until dry. No glue is needed and should not be used.
- Artscape® films have a repeating pattern and will tile together when factory edges are matched top to bottom or left to right. During application squeegee towards the seam. The film will cover any size window.
- When applying to the glass, do not use any adhesives. Film will remain on the glass until removed.
- Some window manufacturers' warranties are voided when a window film is applied. Window film does not break glass. However, it can reveal or accelerate an inherent defect that is in the glass. Occurrences of breakage are rare.
- Not recommended for use in light fixtures or near any artificial heat source.
- Do not layer Artscape® window films over other window films.
- Film can be cleaned using any household window cleaner.
To assure that product adheres to window:
- Window must be clean.
- Must be a cool, smooth surface with no texture of any kind.
- Non-textured side of Artscape® must be against the glass.
- Do not allow film to touch window frame.
Artscape® Window Films are not suitable for all applications. Where window films are subjected to extreme sunlight, heat and/or humidity conditions, the film should be removed and replaced with new film at least once each year. Under normal conditions, it is recommended that Artscape® Window Films be removed and replaced at least once every four years. Like many home products (window treatments or shower curtains, etc.), window film can absorb odors from the environment and needs to be cleaned periodically.
What are Artscape® window films?
- Artscape® is a decorative, translucent window film. When illuminated by light, a visual effect is similar to a stained glass window. Artscape® is an inexpensive alternative to traditional window treatments.
Where can Artscape® films be applied?
- Artscape® window film can be used on any smooth glass or plexi-glass surface. They are great for both residential and commercial use.
Are Artscape® films easy to use? Can I install them myself?
- Artscape® window films are a simple Do-It-Yourself project. Detailed instructions come rolled up in each product. You only need a few items to complete the application: a spray bottle, liquid soap, utility knife, and a towel.
Do Artscape® Products use adhesives?
- No. All Artscape® window films are non-adhesive.
Do Artscape® films provide UV protection?
- Yes. Artscape® films provide 82 - 92% protection from UV rays, depending on the image. UV protection helps prevent fading on furniture, drapes, and carpets.
Can Artscape® be installed in a bathroom?
- Yes, Artscape® product can easily be applied in a bathroom or other high moisture areas without problems.
How do I clean the film once it is installed?
- Artscape® can be cleaned using any household glass cleaner and a soft cloth or sponge.
How do I remove the films?
- Artscape® removes easily. To remove, simply peel the vinyl off the surface of the glass starting from one of the corners. Because there are no adhesives, there will be no messy residue that needs to be removed.
What if my window is larger or smaller than the film?
- Artscape® can be cut, or tiled together to fit any sized window. The pattern repeats left to right and top to bottom on the factory edge.
Can Artscape® be applied to the outside of the window?
- Yes, just make sure the window is thoroughly cleaned before applying. Artscape® will fade and wear faster on an outside window.