Ames® Research SEB1 Super Elasto-Barrier™ Water Base Primer, 1 Gallon, Gray
A water-based, liquid dual-rubber coating used primarily for roof and deck waterproofing applications. It also works well as a primer for other Ames products. It significantly out performs asphalt emulsions making it especially effective in saving old tar roof systems. Super-Elasto Barrier™ stretches up to 1000% to expand and contract with the surface. It flows into cracks and crevices as a liquid and sets up as a durable rubber to seal leaks wherever they occur. Ready to use - no mixing required. Easy water cleanup, environmentally friendly. This product is UV sensitive and must be topcoated if exposed to sunlight.
- Size: 1 Gallon
- Color: Gray
- Non-Toxic, low odor, VOC free
- Water-based, liquid dual-rubber coating used primarily for roof and deck waterproofing applications
- Use for waterproofing in extreme wet situations such as flat roofs, used on metal, tar, tar & gravel
- Ready to use - no mixing required
- Easy water cleanup
- Environmentally friendly
- UV sensitive and must be topcoated if exposed to sunlight.
Where to Use:
- Roofs, including tar, metal, rolled, gravel, EPDM rubber, concrete roof repair, plywood, roof decks, balconies, porches, living areas, excellent adhesion to rusty surfaces, wood, roof valleys, gutters, mobile homes, RV roofs, plywood sub-roofs, decks and grain bins. Ames® Super Elasto- Barrier™ is UV sensitive and must be topcoated if exposed to sunlight.
- Read all label instructions before beginning. Always run a test patch first in an inconspicuous area, to ensure that proper adhesion and drying occurs and the product works to your satisfaction. Be sure surfaces are clean and dry before the coating application. All major cracks, joints and seams should be caulked with Blue Max trowel-grade liquid rubber. Do not use a silicone caulk. Large cracks may be filled with a sandable filler. Follow seam taping instructions. Mask all sensitive areas before starting.
- Standard product coverage on a smooth surface is one to two gallons per 100 square feet. More than one coat is recommended. More coats equal longer life.
Clean-up, Storage, and Disposal:
- Clean tools and small spills with water. Store unused product in its original container, tightly sealed and protected from freezing. Dispose of this product in accordance with local, state, or federal requirements.