Ames® Research MSS5 Maximum-Stretch™ Elastomeric Roof Coating, 5 Gallon, White
A thick, high quality rubber and acrylic elastomeric coating designed specifically for waterproofing, repairing and maintaining many different types of roofs. Temperature fluctuations and severe weather will cause tremendous expansion and contraction of roofs which loosens up the building over time causing roofs to fail and leak. Ames’® Maximum-Stretch™ has remarkable adhesion and is easy to apply. Ready to use - no mixing required. It dries rapidly to form a cool white, watertight roof membrane with up to 750% elasticity that expands and contracts with the roof surface. Ames’® Maximum-Stretch™ stays cool and resists cracking and peeling. It reflects up to 98% of the sun’s rays to reduce roof temperature and energy costs. Ames’® Maximum-Stretch™ remains flexible at freezing temperatures. It has been developed for a wide range of climates from hot to cold, and formulated to resist fungus, mold and mildew.
- Size: 5 Gallon
- Color: White
- VOC free
- 25% rubber, 75% acrylic
- Adhesion and is easy to apply
- High quality rubber and acrylic elastomeric coating designed specifically for waterproofing, repairing and maintaining many different types of roofs
- Ready to use - no mixing required
- Maximum-Stretch™ stays cool and resists cracking and peeling
- Reflects up to 98% of the sun’s rays to reduce roof temperature and energy costs
- It has been developed for a wide range of climates from hot to cold, and formulated to resist fungus, mold and mildew
Where to Use:
- Metal Roofs: including: Residential & Commercial, Tin, Aluminum, Rusty Metal, Corrugated Metal, Butler Buildings, Hangers and Factories. Flat Roofs: including: Tar Roofs, Built up Roofs, Fiberglass, Concrete, Modified Bitumen, Aluminum Coated Roofs, Rolled Roofing, Plywood, EPDM/Rubber, TPO, PVC, and Vinyl Roofs, Vents, Skylights, flashing and Chimneys.
- Surface has to be in savable condition, clean and dry with proper drainage. Pressure wash when possible using pure water. Be sure the surface is clean and completely dry before the application of the coating. Read all label instructions before beginning. Always run a test patch first in an inconspicuous area, to ensure that proper adhesion and drying occurs and the product works to your satisfaction. As an option, use Ames’® Peel & Stick™ adhesive seam tape and tape all joints, seams and around vents. Do not use any soaps or detergents to clean the surface.
- Ready to use - no mixing required. Pour the thick liquid coating out and spread 1-2 gallons of product liberally with a push roller or broom. Work the product until it is smooth and looks consistent in thickness. Move on after a few minutes so the product does not skin over or form a film which can create an unintended texture in the coating’s finished appearance. In most instances, the minimum application is two coats at a rate of one gallon per 100 sq. ft. per coat.
- Standard product coverage on a smooth surface is 100 sq. ft. per gallon per coat. Rough or uneven surfaces may require additional product. More than one coat is recommended. More coats equal longer life.
Clean-up, Storage, and Disposal:
- Clean tools and small spills with water. Store unused product in its original container, tightly sealed and protect from freezing. Dispose of this product in accordance with local, state, or federal requirements.