Air Vent 81112 Aluminum Louver Vent, 12" x 18", Mill Finish
Wall louvers are installed in the gable end of the attic. The higher they are placed, the more effective they become as exhaust vents. Wall louvers are not preferred for ventilating an attic, because they provide limited airflow under the roof deck, resulting in "hot spots." It can be used where ridge vents are impractical, or where the homeowner doesn't want roof vents.
- Flush rectangular vent
- Reversible louver
- 59.4 sqin net free area
- Riveted construction
- Improves air flow, design keeps out insects & weather infiltration
- Use in either flush or recessed applications
- Aluminum construction
- Flush flange
- Mill finish
- Measures: 12" x 18"
- Adequate soffit venting must be used to meet typical ventilation code requirements
- If used in place of soffit venting, two louvers of adequate size should be installed on each end of home
- Must be placed high to be an exhaust vent