3M 2149W-6 Indoor Oversized Window Insulator Kit, 1-Window
3M™ Window Insulating kits keep cold drafts out and warm air in with superior quality film and Scotch® Window Film Tape. Easy to install, 3M™ window kits shrink tight for a transparent, wrinkle-free fit and stay up all season long through Scotch® tape technology. This kit can insulate one 6' 8" x 19'5' extra large window.
- Size: 7' x 19.7' x 0.75 mils
- Insulates one 6' 8" x 19'5" XL window
- Includes 1/2" x 27.7 Yards tape
- Clear as a glass, keeps out drafts
- Saves energy and reduces heating costs
- Stops cold drafts, prevents frost build-up and reduces condensation
- Shrinks tight for a transparent, wrinkle-free fit
- Double-sided tape seals off cracks and crevices
- Quick and easy installation
- For indoor use
Keep the Heat In and the Cold Out
- Made by 3M™, this indoor window insulator kit contains window insulation film along with Scotch Window Film Tape to keep cold drafts out and warm air in. As a result, you can reduce your heating costs during the winter. The film shrinks tight around your window for a transparent, wrinkle-free fit and is made to reduce condensation and prevent frost build-up.
Double-Sided Mounting Tape for a Secure Seal
- Included with this kit is a 1/2" x 27.7 yard roll of 3M™ window film mounting tape to keep your insulation in place all season long. This double-sided tape seals off cracks and crevices, creates an airtight seal, and establishes a strong bond between the surface, the tape, and the insulation film, as recommended in ENERGY STAR's "Seal and Insulate" guidelines. Featuring a convenient, ready-to-peel liner, the tape adheres easily to a variety of surfaces and stays intact upon removal.
Simple, Fast Installation
- Installing the window insulation is easy. You simply unfold the film and cut it to the width of the window, allowing an extra inch on all sides. Next, you firmly apply the mounting tape around the window frame and remove the paper liner. Then you apply the film to the tape, starting at the top of the window, and reposition and stretch the film to remove wrinkles. Finally, you use a blow dryer to remove any remaining wrinkles, then trim any excess film.