Siemens QF120GFA Single Pole Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters, 20A, 1
Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) are an effective means of preventing severe electrical shock. GFCIs are installed to protect areas of the home, such as the kitchen, bathroom or laundry, where electrical appliances or products may come into contact with water. designed to protect against severe electrical shock or electrocution from ground faults. Ground faults occur when the electrical current in an appliance strays outside its normal path, and the human body becomes part of the path through which the electrical current may flow. To protect equipment from damaging ground faults, Siemens GFCIs continuously monitor the difference in current between the hot and neutral conductors. If the electricity going to an outlet equals the current coming back from the outlet, the GFCI is dormant. If the electricity going to an outlet is greater than 5mA than the current coming back from the outlet, the GFCI will open the circuit to stop of flow of electricity.
- Amperage: 20
- Number of Poles: Single
- Voltage: 120 VAC
- Wire Range 15A - 30A: #14 - #10 AWG Cu, #12 - #8 AWG Al
- Suitable for a variety of construction applications: spas, hot tubs, kitchens, bathrooms, etc.
- Resists false tripping (shielded to prevent RF interference)
- Standard 1 inch per pole format with plug-in design
- Also available in BLF type (low tab bolt-on)
- Provides Class A GFCI protection
- Listings: UL Listed & CSA Certified