Loctite® 2138419 Polyseamseal Tub & Tile Adhesive Sealant, Clear, 5.5
Loctite Tub & Tile is formulated for sealing projects in kitchens & bathrooms. The Seal & Bond technology provides increased durability for a long lasting, mold and mildew resistant seal. Loctite Tub & Tile resists color change and abrasion to harsh chemical cleaners. This easy to use acrylic based sealant remains flexible and watertight to provide durability and longevity. It is paintable and can be easily cleaned with soap and water.
- Adhesive and caulk in one
- Seal & bond tub & tile formulated for sealing projects in kitchens & bathrooms
- Provides increased durability for a long lasting, mold & mildew resistant seal
- Resists color change & abrasion to harsh chemical cleaners
- Easy to use acrylic based sealant remains flexible & watertight to provide durability & longevity
- Paintable & can be easily cleaned with soap & water.
- Size: 5.5 Oz
- Color When Dry: Clear.
- Sealing around bathtubs, sinks, shower stalls, tiles and backsplashes
- Excellent adhesion to ceramic, porcelain, glass, fiberglass composites, enamel, aluminum, stainless steel, wood, many plastics and wallboard.
Not Recommended For
- Not for use in architectural joints, joints subject to heavy abrasion or wear or tuck pointing
- Do not apply at temperatures below 40°F (5°C) and above 100°F (38°C)
- If joint size should exceed 1/4" x 1/4" use backing material
- Not recommended for continuous water immersion
- Do not apply outdoors when rain or freezing temperatures are expected within 24 hours
- Not for bonding two non-porous surfaces
- Do not use under shower door tracks, below water line, on mirrors or in aquariums.
- Apply and cure in a well-ventilated area. Wear gloves and wash hands after use.
- Apply sealant between 40°F (5°C) and 100°F (38°C). Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of old caulk, grease, dust and other contaminants. Remove mold or mildew using bleach and detergent that does not contain ammonia. Rinse surface and allow to dry. For neat bead lines, mask both sides of the joint. Cut the tip off the cartridge or squeeze tube at a 45° angle to desired bead size (minimum of 3 mm or 1/8').
- Using a caulking gun, apply sealant with steady pressure, forcing the sealant into the joint. Smooth bead immediately with a wet finger or a tool. Remove masking tape immediately after tooling and wipe excess off of hands and tools. Sealant is paintable with a latex or oil-based paint after 2 hours. Wait 24 to 48 hours before exposing to water.
Note: Clear sealant will extrude white and then turn to clear as it cures.
- Clean tools and uncured product residue immediately with warm, soapy water. Cured sealant may be carefully cut away with a sharp-edged tool.