Easy Heat AHB-160 Water Pipe Heating Cable, 60 Feet
Temperature-controlled cable runs straight along pipe and valves, held in place by application tape and plugs into grounded electrical outlet. Keeps water flowing down to -380. For odd lengths of pipe over 3/4-inch in diameter,we recommend two separate cables on opposite sides of the pipe with up to 3-feet of overrun at center of pipe run. Metal pipe requires 1/2-inch fiberglass insulation around cable. For plastic pipe, its recommended wrapping pipe with aluminum foil before cable installation. The traditional resistance cable produces a fixed amount of heat based on the electrical line feed. It comes with a built-in thermostat that switches the flow of electricity on and off based on temperature.
- Easy Heat pipe heating cable installs quickly and easily to keep water flowing
- Includes grounded plug, built in thermostat, and instructions
- Each cable consists of tough PVC inner insulation, a continuous ground braid, and weather-resistant PVC outer jacket
- AHB units are activated and de-activated by an integral energy-saving thermostat
- Approved for rigid plastic and metal pipe
- UL listed