Easy Heat® 2102 Freeze Free® Self-Regulating Pipe Heating Cable, 100'
Prevent pipe freeze-ups in extreme colds. Freeze Free® is a self-regulating pipe heating cable that automatically varies its heat output as the surrounding temperature changes. It helps keep plastic and metal water pipes from freezing to -51 degree Celsius/-60 degree Fahrenheit. A braided metal jacket provides an electrical ground as well as protection against damage in dry locations. Freeze Free® cable is rated at 3 watts per foot, 120 Vac at 10 degree Celsius/50 degree Fahrenheit. Because of the self-regulating feature of this cable, it can be safely wrapped over itself (overlapped), if necessary, when installed on pipes, valves or flange. Freeze Free® cable is UL Listed to US and Canadian Safety Standards and CSA Certified.
- Cable Length: 100 feet
- Self regulating
- Rated at 3 Watts per foot
- Protects pipes to -51 degree Celsius/-60 degree Fahrenheit
- To be sold with connection kit #10802
- UL Listed to US and Canadian Safety Standards and CSA Certified.
- Residential metal or plastic water supply and drain pipes vulnerable to freezing
- Water supply lines underneath manufactured homes
- Cottages, barns and outbuildings that are not regularly used.
About Freeze Free®:
- Freeze Free® self-regulating pipe heating cables provide flexible protection against pipe freeze-ups in the most challenging applications. Freeze Free’s cut-to-length technology is ideal for installations that require protection of numerous pipes of varied lengths. Using Freeze Free® cable, plumbers and building contractors can install self-regulating protection on each pipe at the exact length needed.
- Freeze Free® cable can be applied on water-filled metal or rigid plastic pipes up to 2" (50.80mm) in diameter. On smaller size pipes, the cable can usually be applied straight along the pipe. However, on longer pipes and especially at lower temperatures, the cable must be spiraled around the pipe. This ensures adequate heat is applied to the pipes to keep them from freezing. The charts below indicate the application requirements for plastic and metal pipes.
- Freeze Free® cable can be connected directly to the power supply without requirement for thermostat control. The self-regulating effect of the cable reduces power consumption when the pipe does not require freeze protection.