Minwax® 61860 Water Based White Wash Pickling Wood Stain, 1 Qt
Minwax® Water Based Wood Stain is a fast and easy way to add beautiful color to unfinished wood. Fast-drying. Soap and water cleanup. For beautiful results, use with Minwax® Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner. Not recommended for large surfaces, such as floors. Soft, subtle finish that adds just a wash of white color, while allowing the wood grain to show through.
- 1 quart
- Color: White wash
- Water based
- Soft, subtle finish that adds just a wash of white color, while allowing the wood grain to show through
- Interior wood stain
- Safe and easy to use
- Low odor, soap and water clean up
- Dries in 2 hours, for unfinished wood
- Not recommended for large surfaces, such as floors.
- Application Tool: Synthetic bristle brush, cloth, foam brush, staining pad or rag
- Location: Interior wood surfaces
- Recoat: After 2 hours
- Dry Time: 3 hours
- Coats: 1 coat. For richer and darker color, additional coats may be applied.
- Recommended Uses: Wood furniture, cabinets, doors, trim, molding and accessories.
- Approximately 100 sq. ft. per quart.
- Use soap and warm water.
White Wash Pickling Stain
- Soft, subtle finish that adds just a wash of white color, while allowing the wood grain to show through.
What is the advantage to using a water-based stain?
- Water-based stains dry quickly and clean up with soap and water. Projects can often be completed in one day.
Will Minwax® Water Based Wood Stain raise the grain of the wood?
- As long as Minwax® Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner is used prior to staining, Water Based Wood Stain will not raise the wood grain.
How long should Minwax® Water Based Wood Stain be left on wood?
- Water-based stain dries very quickly. It should be allowed to penetrate no more than three minutes before wiping away the excess.
Should Minwax® Water Based Wood Stain be used on floors?
- No. Water-based stains dry very quickly, making them difficult to apply evenly over large surfaces. For very large areas such as floors, we recommend an oil-based product such as Minwax® Wood Finish™ stain.
What is White Wash Pickling Stain?
- It is a Water Based Wood Stain that adds a subtle shade of white color to wood while allowing the natural grain to show through. Unlike the Clear and White Tint Bases, the White Wash Pickling Stain does not require mixing and is ready to use right out of the can.