Kilz Original 10000 Oil Based Primer/Sealer & Stain Killer, 5 Gallon
KILZr ORIGINAL is the original stainblocking primer. It's an interior oil-based primer that tackles tough stains including water, smoke, tannin, grease, pet stains and more.
- 5 gallon
- Oil based
- Primer/sealer stain killer
- Fast drying sealer/primer, stain blocker, blocks most pet & smoke odors
- Creates an excellent base coat for latex or oil based paint
- Use on almost all interior surfaces including furniture, drywall, plaster, woodwork, paneling, glossy surfaces, masonry, brick, painted surfaces
- Not available to members in selected voc restricted areas that may include parts of AZ, DC, DE, MD, ME, NJ, NH, NY, PA Parts Of VA, those members can purchase true value #756-429
- Also not available to members in CA, those members can order true value #688-976, check MOL restricted items report to verify restrictions for your location
Where to Use:
- KILZr ORIGINAL blocks most stains including water, smoke, tannin, ink, pencil, felt marker and grease, and seals pet and smoke odors. Use on interior surfaces including wood, drywall, plaster, paneling, wallpaper, masonry, brick, painted metal and properly prepared glossy surfaces.KILZ ORIGINAL is not recommended on flooring.
- Wash off any dirt, grease or smoke damage with a non-soapy detergent or a TSP substitute, rinse well and then allow to dry.
- Remove all mildew with a commercially available mildew remover, rinse well and then allow to dry. Note: KILZ PREMIUM and KILZ 2 are recommended for mildew-prone surfaces.
- Unpainted, exterior wood exposed to sun and/or moisture longer than 2-4 weeks must be cleaned and sanded before priming.
- For maximum adhesion, scrape off loose paint and scuff sand the surface thoroughly before priming. On glossy surfaces: scuff sand the surface thoroughly before priming.
- Eye protection is recommended.
- For best results, use when substrate and air temperatures are between 35.