Insl-X® PS8000099-01 Prime Lock™ Plus Alkyd Primer/Sealer, White, 1-Ga
Prime Lock™ Plus Primer/Sealer/Stain Blocker is a high hiding, alkyd resin based, primer-sealer-stain blocker for interior use and whole house priming. Excellent for priming over plaster, drywall, wood and previously painted or varnished surfaces. It can be top coated with any oil or latex paint. It provides excellent enamel holdout and will not raise wood grain. Use it as a primer prior to applying most wall coverings. It has excellent adhesion over glossy surfaces.
- Size: 1 Gallon
- Color: White
- High hiding, multipurpose primer/sealer
- Superior adhesion to glossy surfaces
- Seals stains from water stains, smoke damage, and more
- Prevents bleed-through
- Excellent enamel holdout
- Dry time 30 minutes
- Re-coat 1-2 hours
- Mineral spirits clean up
- 300-350 sqft per gallon
- Seals all surfaces
- Excellent adhesion.
- Sheen: Primer
- Cleanup: Mineral spirits
- Resin Type: Alkyd
- Recommended Use: Interior or spot exterior
- MPI Rating: 69
- VOC Level: < 350 g/L.
- Wood - seal burned or charred wood. Use as an enamel under-coater prior to latex or oil topcoats. One or more coats may be used to seal common bleeding type wood stains
- Drywall/plaster: excellent as a primer for walls before painting or wallpapering. Lock in common household stains from food, grease and graffiti
- Glossy/hard-to-coat surfaces: prime lock™ plus provides improved adhesion over difficult to paint surfaces such as glossy paint, formica, tile, marlite, PVC and tile.
- Do not apply at temperatures below 45 ºF (7.2 °C)
- Do not paint if surface temperature is within 5 degrees of the dew point.
- Effective for “bleed through” from fire and smoke damage, water stains, wood tannin, crayon, lipstick, ballpoint pen and felt pad inks. Severe water stains may require an additional coat of Prime Lock™ Plus before applying the finish coat. Pine knots should be spot primed with pure shellac prior to priming with Prime Lock™ Plus.