Compare-N-Save® 75324 Concentrate Grass & Weed Killer, 41% Glyphosate, 1 Gallon
Concentrate Grass and Weed Killer 41% Glyphosate will kill almost all annual and perennial weeds, grasses and other unwanted plants. Mix Concentrate Grass and Weed Killer 41% Glyphosate with water and use to control weeds on driveways and walkways, or around fences, trees, flower beds, shrubs and other areas in your yard. This product can also be used for large jobs such as lawn restoration/renovation and garden plot preparation. Concentrate Grass and Weed Killer 41% Glyphosate kills weeds by stopping the production of a substance found in plants. Any Concentrate Grass and Weed Killer 41% Glyphosate not absorbed by the plant breaks down into natural materials. This product will not move in or on the soil to untreated plants.
- Size: 1 gallon
- Contains 41% Glyphosate plus surfactant
- Kills weeds, roots and all
- A single application kills most weeds
- Starts working in 24 hours
- Rainproof in 2 hours
- Concentrated for extra value
- Visible results in as little as 2 to 4 days
- 2.5 gallons makes up to 210 gallons of ready to use spray
- Treats over 62,000 sq.ft.
- Glyphosate, N-(phosphonomethyl) glycine, in the form of its isopropylamine salt*: 41.0%
- Other Ingredients: 59.0%
- Total: 100.0%
When to Use:
- Use anytime weeds are actively growing. Most treated weeds usually show initial symptoms in 2–4 days and complete kill in 1 to 2 weeks. Larger more established weeds may take up to 4 weeks for complete kill. For best results, apply on a warm sunny day when daytime temperature is above 60°F and no rainfall is forecast for 24 hours. Warm, sunny weather will speed up weed control. Apply only when air is calm. Reapply if it rains within 2 hours after application. Rainfall or watering 2 hours after application will not wash away effectiveness. Hard-to-control weeds (such as bermudagrass) may require a repeat application if they regrow. NOT recommended for spot weed control in lawns since Concentrate Grass and Weed Killer 41% Glyphosate kills all green plants, including lawn grass.
Where to Use:
General Weed Control:
- Use along fences, paths, patios, sidewalks and driveways, around trees, shrubs, and ornamental plantings and flower beds, around buildings, and in brick and gravel walkways. Use to trim and edge landscape areas. DO NOT use for spot weed control in lawns since Concentrate Grass and Weed Killer 41% Glyphosate kills all green plants, including lawn grass.
- Use on actively growing weeds in and around flower beds, ornamental trees, fruit and nut trees, grapevines, shrubs, fences, driveways and walkways. Spray when air is calm. Make sure Concentrate Grass and Weed Killer 41% Glyphosate does not contact the leaves, green stems, or exposed roots of plants you don't want to kill. If necessary, use cardboard or plastic to shield plants. Concentrate Grass and Weed Killer 41% Glyphosate will not move in or on the soil to untreated plants. If Concentrate Grass and Weed Killer 41% Glyphosate is used to control weeds around fruit or nut trees or grapevines, allow 21 days before eating the fruit or nuts.
- Use to prepare areas for planting of ornamentals, trees, shrubs, desert landscapes, rock gardens, flower beds or similar plantings. Treated areas can be replanted 1 day after treatment.
- Use Concentrate Grass and Weed Killer 41% Glyphosate to kill existing weeds and grasses including the old lawn.
- For best results, apply in Spring or Fall, when daytime temperatures are at least 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Under dry conditions, water lawn every other day for a week before using this product.
- Do not mow for 7 days before or after treatment.
- After 7 days, prepare the soil for planting by raking or rototilling the lawn. Rake up and remove loosened thatch or debris.
- Mix in starter fertilizer and other amendments, if needed. Level the soil.
- Apply seed according to directions on seed package, or install sod.
- Grass seed must have a good contact with soil to germinate and grow.
- Keep area moist for 2 weeks to establish new lawn, then water as needed.
- Use when brush is green and growing. If plants are taller than 5 feet, cut back and spray regrowth. Brush sprayed in the fall may not be fully controlled until the following season. Hard-to-control species such as Blackberry, Kudzu, or Poison Oak may require a second application.
Stumps can be treated to prevent regrowth. For best results, treat when the vegetation is actively growing and within 5 minutes of being cut down.
- Cut the stump close to the soil surface.
- Drive 4-5 nail holes into the stump.
- Flood the stump with undiluted product.
This treatment will control or suppress many types of woody brush and trees, such as alder, bluegum, eucalyptus, madrone, oak, giant reed, saltcedar, sweetgum, and tan oak.
To Kill Vines:
- If vine is growing up a pole, fences, or mature tree trunk, cut vine to a height of 3 to 4 feet and spray to thoroughly cover remaining vine.
- If vine is climbing a shrub or immature (green) tree trunk, cut vines at base and spray its regrowth. Shield shrubs and green bark from spray drift with a sheet (piece) of cardboard or plastic.
When to Replant:
All ornamental flowers, trees and shrubs may be planted 1 day after application.
The following berries may be planted 1 day after application:
- Raspberry (Black and Red)
The following fruits, vegetables and herbs may be planted 1 day after application:
- Artichoke (Jerusalem)
- Cabbage (all)
- Beans (all)
- Beet Greens
- Rape Greens
- Brussel Sprouts
- Chard (Swiss)
The following fruits, vegetables and herbs may be planted 3 days after application:
- Melons (all)
- Peppers (all)
- Squash (summer and winter)
- Tomato (by seed)
- Peas (all)
Lawn grasses may be planted 7 days after application.
Tomatoes from transplant and unlisted fruits, vegetables and herbs may be planted 30 days after application.